*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1348475-Cinderella-not-so-happily-ever-after
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1348475
This is a little new ending to Cinderella. One of her stepsisters fits the glass slipper!
Cinderella pounded her fists on the hard attic door. She cried out trying to get someone’s attention but she knew no one would hear her. Tears streamed from her green eyes as she beat the door. Her voice cracked as her cries echoed in the small room. It seemed useless. No one would rescue her. Her prince would never find her if she was locked away.

The mice gathered around trying to get her to calm down. Jaq pulled at her dress wishing some one would come for her. He tried everything he could to calm his Cinderelly down. But she would not stop pounding on the door. She wouldn’t stop crying.

Downstairs, Anastasia and Drizella sat snickering to each other. They fixed each other’s hair and checked make up. Prince Charming would soon be there.

“Mother is a brilliant woman Drizella. Locking that rat upstairs, how perfect!” Anastasia laughed. “Remember to suck in that gut Drizella. The prince doesn’t want some fat wife.”

“Anastasia! You know I always try to be skinny like you! Don’t tease!” Drizella whined “Besides, if the shoe fits me, it wont matter how big I am!”

“Please Drizella, you know it will fit me!”

The two froze as they heard a rap on the door. They both stood and smoothed out their dresses.

“Are you two ready? This is our chance to escape what that useless man left us with. This is our chance to get what we deserve! Now stop fidgeting and look pretty.” Tremaine spat.

Tremaine took one more look at her daughters and headed for the door. Feeling quite confident that one of her daughters would be picked, she pulled the heavy door open and smiled at Prince Charming and his subjects.

“Your Highness,” she bowed. “Welcome to my home.”

The prince walked into the house and stared blankly as his subjects followed in behind him. Tremaine led them into the living room and motioned toward the couch.

“Please, Sire. Have a seat.”

The prince took his seat and did not look at the girls. They smiled and batted their eyes, trying to look pretty.

“Madam,” a subject said. “Are these the only young ladies in the house?”

Tremaine nodded.

“These are my daughters, Anastasia and Drizella.” She stood confidently behind them waiting for destiny.

“Alright then. Let us begin. Drizella?” The man kneeled in front of the girls and produced a stunning glass slipper.

Drizella stuck out her fat foot and giggled. Tremaine rested a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it tightly. Drizella stopped giggling and sat up straight, sucking in her stomach. The man tried to slide the shoe onto her foot but was disappointed. It wouldn’t fit the large foot. He shook his head and turned to Anastasia.

“Young Miss, your foot please.”

Drizella looked worried as Anastasia offered her dainty foot. The man slid the shoe on and sat back.

“A perfect fit, Sire.”

Anastasia looked down at her own foot, dumbfounded. She couldn’t believe it. Her mother was right! Royalty was theirs. The prince was less entertained. He was looked up for the first time and stared at Anastasia. He couldn’t believe that this was the girl he had met a fortnight ago. She didn’t resemble the grace the young woman showed. Tremaine looked satisfied and walked to the prince.

“My daughter is now yours, good prince.” She said kneeling at his feet.

The prince simply stared. The shoe fit. But this was not the right girl. He knew it.

“Madam, are you certain there is no one else in the house? No other?” He asked hopefully.

Tremaine straightened her slender body and looked him straight in the eye.

“Sire, my daughters and I are the only ones who reside here. I promise.”

The prince nodded and let himself out of the house, disappointed and confused.
Cinderella heard a carriage pull away. Her dreams were leaving without her. Everything was over. She collapsed on the bed and sobbed into her pillow. It just wasn’t fair. Where was her fairy Godmother? How could this have happened? This wasn’t right.

“Cinderelly?” Jaq offered. “I’m sorry, Cinderelly.”

Cinderelly sat up and picked up her loyal friend.

“It’s not your fault, Jaq. It’s that witch downstairs. She’s won and there isn’t anything to do about it.” Cinderella silently cried as reality sunk in. it really was all over.

Cinderella looked up as she heard the door unlock. She stood quickly, hoping it was her savior. Tremaine pushed the door open, looking quite smug.

“Ah Cinderella. You look awful.” Tremaine said cruelly. “I suppose you know the prince has found his princess. Anastasia was quite pleased when he chose her.”

“You are terrible! How could you do this to me?” Cinderella cried.

“Don’t be foolish, you stupid girl! You really think I would ever let you run off with what should be mine? I was born for royalty and now, I will be royalty!” Tremaine spat. “You are nothing but a slave bastard child!”

Tremaine threw the key at Cinderella and walked to the door. She turned and smiled.

“Now that we are leaving this dump, you can have what your pathetic father intended. It’s all yours.” Tremaine turned quickly and slammed the door behind her.

Cinderella shouted obscenities at the evil woman. Falling to the floor as her body shook with tears, Cinderella whispered cruel words. Cinderella waited for the last carriage to pull away before she ventured downstairs. She held onto the walls for support as she climbed down the steep stairs. She made her way to the open front door and closed it slowly. Resting against the door, Cinderella cursed the remaining belongings of her wicked stepmother.

As her anger began to boil, Cinderella ripped the pictures off the wall and smashed them against the furniture. She cried out as she destroyed the spotless living room. Glass shattered and wood splintered across the floor. When there was nothing more to throw, Cinderella felt it was not enough. This house was full of the wickedness Tremaine had left. It would all have to go.

Cinderella stood and watched her fathers old house burn. Flames licked the wood and smoke filled the air. Cinderella vowed she would never be under anyone again.

Cinderella wrapped her arms around herself and turned away from the house. She simply walked away. She walked away from her home, her dreams and the palace that should have been hers. She walked away from it all.


© Copyright 2007 Mrs. Jones (carjones07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1348475-Cinderella-not-so-happily-ever-after