*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1348634-She-Is-Loved
by Justyn
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1348634
Written about and to our daughter.
Her brown hair, anything but ordinary, glows in the sunlight with hints of red and gold from her ancestors. Standing in a graveled path, she spins around and around, waving the American Flag. Her lips are wide open in laughter, while giggles fill the air. She gazes in wonder and delight as the material flutters in the breeze. As she continues her dance, steel blue eyes sparkle with the purity of a child. They come to rest upon her mother nearby, and a newly-made friend. Her circle slows, but her laughter increases. She is so pleased, so perfectly happy with the act of her patriotism. The moment is precious. Dancing towards her mother on her toes, the friend is struck by the need for a picture. A tangible reminder of this beautiful child and her joyful heart. Frame after frame is snapped, capturing the exuberance of this child. Sunlight dappling her hair through the trees above, her mother's smile beaming upon her brighter than that golden orb. She is loved, this precious child. She is adored, protected, and enjoyed. It is obvious to all who see. This girl is her parents' greatest gift. There is but one ripple on the sheen of her happiness. The only thing missing from this sunny spring day is the physical presence of her adoring father. He is asea for the moment, protecting all that they hold dear. However, this man is not forgotten. Oh, so very much the opposite. No, he may be far away, but his spirit lives and thrives in the hearts of this girl and her mother. It is plain to see her love for him when his name is mentioned. The flag that she waves represents his committment to his country, and the respect and love she has for him. Please, says the friend, a picture together, the two of you. Her mother's arms tighten about the small body as she kneels to the child's level. With their cheeks pressed together and grins a mile wide, she tells the girl to smile for Daddy. No truer words could be spoken. As pictures are snapped, mother and daughter beam for a man halfway across the world. They know that he will see this picture, and that he will see their love come shining through. He will know that their love crosses oceans to get to him. As the camera is packed away, woman and child stand leaning on one another. The girl laughs and giggles to share her game. She smiles up at her mother, teasing and playing. The woman grins back, delighting in her child's delight. Mother keeps an arm around her girl, simply enjoying the hug. Knowing that all too soon, her precious daughter will be grown and too busy for hugs. But for now, on this sunny day amongst the trees, she takes great joy in that simple touch. The woman's heart expands near to over-flowing, with love for this auburn-haired sprite who dances in the driveway. To see the beauty of creation come to life in the happiness of her child. Creation that came to be through the great love she and her husband share. Together, they created this miracle. With eyes once of cobalt but now of steel, hair reminiscent of rich silk, a sunny personality and a blooming intelligence, this child carries the trace of parents and grandparents before her. But more than that, she carries the unending love her parents have for her. It is easy to see when you hear her laugh, see her smile, or notice tears that fall for her father. She is loved, this precious child. She is adored, protected, and enjoyed. Her parents think the world of her, and nothing will ever change that. She knows, and is secure in the knowing. Mother and father will always be there, always be true, always have love. She is loved.
© Copyright 2007 Justyn (kjsleah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1348634-She-Is-Loved