*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1348863-What-more-could-a-girl-ask-for
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1348863
This is a teenage love story
                   Paisley  May James was just like any other normal 18 year old girl. She was in high school at Willow High School. In a very small town in Tennessee. So small in fact she was pretty sure it didn’t even show on a map. She had a best friend named, Katie Spencer the two of them were attached at the hip. Everything in Paisley’s world was going great. Her life she was sure was right on track. She had been accepted to the University of Tennessee at Knoxville, with a full ride scholarship. What more could a girl ask for she thought. But, with prom right around the corner and no date she didn’t know what she was going to do.
         Paisley woke up just like she did every morning before school. She got out of bed and headed for the shower. Once she was out it was time to try to make herself presentable to the world. This morning she chose a cute pair of jeans and a classic white tee. Pulled her hair half back pinned with a clip. Quickly applied eyeliner and mascara to her eyes, grabbed a banana and was out the door.
         She was in a hurry she has 20 minutes to pick up her best friend Katie and make it to school on time. As she pulled into Katie’s driveway she sent her a quick text message to let her know she was there. About 3 minutes later Katie came out of her house dresses in jeans and one of her cute skin tight shirts, showing off all the good things about her amazing body. She was the type of friend every girl was glad to have but hated it at times. Paisley and Katie had been best friends since first grade. Even back then Katie was the one all the boys wanted while Paisley just had to stand back and watch. But no matter how many boys eyed her she was still a great friend.
         “About damn time” said Paisley as Katie hopped into the car
         “What it was only about 5 minutes” replayed Katie.
         “You know we are going to be late right?”
         “We always are”
         “That’s not the point”
         About fifteen minutes later they pull into the infamous  Willow High School parking lot. They both quickly checked themselves in the mirror as the bell rang for class.
Paisley got out getting her books out of the back, shut the car door and waited on Katie.
         “You have got to be the slowest girl ever” Paisley yelled at Katie from half way across the parking lot.
         “Just hold on, I can’t find my notebook” Katie yelled back.
Paisley thought just great we are going to be late on our first day back from spring break.
         “Got it” Katie yelled.
         “Well hurry up then”
         Paisley was right. When they open the door into the school the late bell rang. Katie and her had to stop at the locker they shared before heading off to class. They put up there books and got the ones they need out in return.
         “Met me here for lunch?” Katie asked.
         “Sure thing” answered Paisley.
         Paisley walked into her first period class seven minutes late, and took her seat in the back of the classroom. As she sat down she could quite understand why she was so worried about being late today. Then she saw him and remember why. It was Dallas McCoy. Paisley had been in love with him since the sixth grade. He was the kind of guy a girl could only dream of being with. His smile was nothing short of breath taking, and eyes that you could and most likely would get lost in. She sat there most of the morning not taken notes like she should have been, but imagining how wonderful it would be to be his girlfriend. Lost in her thoughts she didn’t hear the bell ring for second period till about one minute after everyone else. She got up and headed off to second period.
         Ugh! Paisley thought to herself. She hated second period math class she didn’t really have any friends in this class and there just wasn’t any way to make it fun. As she took notes on logic, her mind started to drift.
         Had Dallas noticed how cute she was trying to look today? Would he sit with her in third period like he did some days? She really did have it bad. She didn’t like this side of her. She wanted to be the kind of girl where she didn’t care what a boy though about her. Or the kind of girl that was amazing at playing hard to get. But there was just something about Dallas McCoy that made it very hard for her to be either one of those girls
         “Miss James” called Mrs. McDonald her Pre Cal teacher
         “Miss James what is the answer to number six please”
         “Shit” Paisley mumbled under her breath
         “Excuse me Miss James?”
         “Sorry the answer is 7”
         “Miss James are you aware that we are on logic now?”
         “Yes I am”
         “The how could the answer to number six be seven?”
Looking totally confused and slightly embarrassed she answered “I might have been daydreaming a little, I’m sorry”
         “Please pay attention Miss James”
         What had gotten into her she thought. She had never gotten anything wrong when being called on in her whole life. She thought to herself, focus more on school less on Dallas. Come one Paisley you can do it. The bell rang and it was off to third period her favorite class of the day. Would Dallas sit with her today? Yes she thought. He most definitely would.
         Paisley always got to third period early and watched the door for Dallas. Just when she thought she was for sure he’d skipped this class he came walking threw the door. It was all she could do to keep from staring. She thought in her mind over and over please sit with me please sit with me. To her luck he did.
         “Hey paisley” Dallas said to her “Can I sit next to you today”
Trying to stay calm and not busting out into oh my god yes she finally got out “Why of course Dallas”
         “How was your spring break? What did you get into?” Asked Dallas
Paisley thought should I tell him what really happened or should I lie and make up something that would impress him. In the end she settled on mixing a little of the truth with a little bit of something that would impress him.
         “You know nothing to exciting. Me and Katie went camping. It was a blast.”
That wasn’t to far from the truth they had spent the break together just they didn’t go camping.
         “Oh awesome!” replied Dallas “I didn’t know you like camping.”
         “I love it! But anyways how was your break?”
Dallas looked at her and she was sure she was falling in love.
         “It was kick ass. Went to Panama City Beach with the family.” Dallas said.
         “Sounds better then my break” replied Paisley.
         “No way camping would have been better because, I was with my family couldn’t do anything that exciting.”
She thought to herself should I try it should I actually try and flirt should I? She decided what the hell.
         “Should have came with me” she said as she gave him a little wink.
Oh my god she thought to herself. What had gotten into her today? It was like there was some other girl in her body taking over for her today. She couldn’t believe she had just done that. As soon as she was sure he thought she was an idiot he answered.
         “I would have liked that” He said to her.
         Had she heard him right had he just said he would have loved to go camping with her. No he couldn’t have possible just said that. No way. Then after the initial shock wore off she started to freak out on the inside mentally saying to herself that just happened that really just happened.
          About the time she thought third period couldn’t get any better the bell for lunch rang. Everyone in the classroom got up and headed toward the door. Paisley was the last one out. She was walked through the courtyard and was headed into the school to met Katie when someone called out her name. She turned to see who it was. Ugh! She thought to herself when she saw Mark St.John. He had been in love with her since the forth grade.
         “Hey hey!” He called out to her.
         “Hello Mark” she called back.
         “Wait up”
         She stop right where she was and waited it was very impolite she thought if she didn’t. He came walked up to her. He had on some wrangler jeans and a button down checkered shirt. Not that she didn’t like the cowboy look he was just so annoying.
         “What did you do over spring break gorgeous?” Mark said.
         “Nothing really just hung out with Katie.” She said back.
         “Awesome I went out to Texas with dad to see the family you know”
         “Yeah sounds awesome. Well listen I have to met Katie so I need to get going”
         “Oh awesome I’ll walk with you”
         Great she thought to herself. Well I just hope he doesn’t want to sit with me at lunch. So they walked into the school and fount Katie at the locker.
         “My god what took so long” said Katie.
         “Sorry Mark here stopped me” Paisley replied.
         “Yeah sorry Katie.” Mark said.
         “So Paisley you will never guess who just came by the locker looking for you” said Katie.
         “who??”
         “Dallas McCoy.”
         “What?” Said Mark.
         Oh my goodness are you kidding” Said paisley.
         “no not at all” Katie said.
         “What did he say or want” replied Mark.
         “He said he was looking for Paisley he needed to tell her something.”
         “what kind of something”
         “I don’t know Mark.” said Katie getting very annoyed.
         At about that time with out even saying goodbye Paisley just walked away and head for the lunch room. Her head was spinning with ideas of what he could possible want. Maybe he just need the notes from first period. Or maybe he was going to tell her she was the most gorgeous girl he had ever seen. So lost in her thoughts she didn’t even hear Katie yelling at her. She just kept walked.
         She walked into the lunch room. Took her set at the table where her and Katie always sat together. She couldn’t eat today she was to excited. As she said there she kept thinking to her self what could he possible wanted.
         “Paisley?? Hello??” called out Katie.
         Looking slightly startled Paisley looked up “yes”
         “What why did you just walk away”
         “sorry I was thinking about what he could want. I didn’t mean to just leave you with Mark I’m sorry”
         “Its alright are you not eating today?”
         “No I’m not hungry”
         Her and Katie talked about how there days were going. And then the bell rang for class. Paisley almost jumped out of her chair, she was just so excited to get back to third period. Her and Katie headed out of the lunch room. They walked back to there locker. Talk for a bit more then Paisley went back to class. She took her seat but couldn’t help but notice Dallas’ things weren’t there anymore. She thought to herself no big deal he just took them with him. But when the late bell rang and he wasn’t back she got worried. Still ten minutes later he still wasn’t back. She pulled out her cell phone and sent a quick text to Katie saying “ Did Dallas have his books when you saw him?.” She didn’t know if Katie would have notice but it was worth a shot.
         She suddenly thought to herself why did she care so much. She had almost convinced herself to calm down when she felt her phone vibrate in her pants pocket. She pulled it out real quick flipped it open and read what Katie had wrote. She read the screen and it said “yeah he did why?” 

.....To be Continued
© Copyright 2007 Tiffy B (baileybug21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1348863-What-more-could-a-girl-ask-for