*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1348994-part-2-of-story
Rated: 13+ · Other · Death · #1348994
part 2...were getting there
She had indeed noticed when Rob left, but she somehow thought he'd be back. after a few months and no sign of him returning she'd given up. Two years later, she saw him. is that him? it had to be, but there were quite a few noticible changes in him. he was right there across the hall talking to a former teacher of his, Mr. Stone. just as she was about to walk over the bell rang. annoyed she turned and went to class. she sat there but couldnt focus on the work. instead her mind was swarming with thoughts. is he coming back finally? why now? where has he been all this time? after that she kept an eye out for him but didnt see him the rest of the day or the rest of the week. he had left again. what's with him that he cant stay in one place?

Rob thought of an old history teacher he had a few years back. Mr. Stone had known his family tree well. he knew about the curse that burdened rob and offered to give a helping hand. when rob told stone about his plan stone suggested rob go and take the time to research. he explained that to understand something well enough makes for a step closer in beating it.

the following day he headed to the library but found little information. for an event that effected so many families it was amazing how little was known about it, or maybe someone was trying to keep it a secret. the librarian told him of a small vacant town way up north. it was very hard to find it let alone get there. he learned that the town was believed to be the the very grounds where the cage ritual took place. however, she warned him that though the town seemed deserted, a phantasmal ora lingered. she showed him an article from a personal account. the man in the account spoke of returning to the town: "i wouldnt go back. there is no reason to go back. the town is dead. nothing left. if you truly insist on going back dont be unprepared. that is the
biggest mistake. the spirits aren't dumb. they will find you. as soon as you enter the town death is watching your every move."that night he walked home but took a detour through the park, giving himself a quiet place to think things through a bit.

She was sitting on a park bench not too far away, trying to finish yet another Shakespeare piece for English. She hated the book and couldn't concentrate at all. she looked up and saw a tall figure walking through. how strange it was for her to see him now, of all times and places. before a second thought could cross her mind she got up and casually walked over. Boy did he get tall! "Hey". what am i doing? he doesnt remember me.
"Hey..."
still doent speak much. I see that part didnt change. "I was wondering when I'd run into you again." he seemed uncomfortable. they continued to walk on quietly. after a moment she resumed, "ive been wanting to talk to you but i never quite know where to find you." she looked over at him. he wore no jacket, merely a red checkered flannel over a tee. the wind blew and he stiffened from the cold it brought. "you got a minute? id like to grab some coffee and catch up? its been so long. Cmon my treat." he glanced over at her.
"sure. i think i may have a few minutes." finally a faint smile appeared. Slightly hidden but there was no doubt it was there.

they headed across the street to he cafe. the air was crisp and bitter, the sure sign of winter near by. thanksgiving had already come and gone and now christmas was not far away. the little stores along the plaza were already decorated with little colored lights, mini christmas trees in the shop windows, and wreaths on every door. indeed the stores looked quite warm and cozy.

the two entered the shop, found a booth, and sat down. they ordered their coffees: expresso for him and mocha latte for her. they sat in silence for awhile, sipping their hot drinks trying to warm up from the cold outside. she looked over at him. he had changed so much. he wasnt thin but he certainly wasnt as toned as he used to be. his usually tanned skin was rather pale and his dark hair was much longer and unkept.

the silence was getting awkward. "so tell me rob. how is everything?"
He stared at his coffee. "alot and a little has happened in the last few years. bad things and nothing good. Let's just say i am very alone. I have nothing left." He
looked up at her. She saw the hurt in his eyes and looked away.
"why didn't you come talk to me? I was worried. it was almost like you just disappeared."
"That's how I wanted it."
"But why? you should have talked to someone about it. life is life. things happen but you can't just let it all bottle up."
"Cassie, you couldn't understand it. Your parents dying at the exact age you need them most. then having to live with some other relative, not even fit enough to take care of you. then by some weird chance they die off too and you are stuck alone. Its not a matter that can just be discussed and everything is okay." She could see he was getting a little angry but she still didn't exactly get it.
"there are many people who have to deal with multiple deaths, yet they somehow manage through life okay." another couple walked in and sat at the booth next to
them.
"Listen. there is more to it than just plain death. let me walk you home. ill explain it then."
© Copyright 2007 something diabolical (muzikfreak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1348994-part-2-of-story