*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1349414-Cessel-and-Henry
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1349414
Cessel=stripper & Henry=lawyer run into each other outside the strip club what happens?
Please comment and review this. I know it isn't finished. But I would love to here what you guys think of it so far. So thanks.
Cessel

Cessel "Sparkle" Appleby halfway managed to make it through the crowded club. The off of work businessmen who congregated to the back, seemed to take no notice of her now that she was out of her outfit and makeup. Each and every one of their attentions was riveted to another young girl dancing to some fast paced rock song. All she wanted to do was make it to the bar. That was it end of story. Just to throw back a few shots before heading home with her pockets full of her money earned.

As the dancers song drummed to a halt, the cluster of suits began to stir around the tables. Seeing, now that the blood returned to their brains a bit that she needed through to the bar. Cessel let out a sigh of relief to be away from the testosterone filled area and grabbed a hold of the bars ledge. But the sigh quickly led into a silent groan of annoyance. Now seeing that the owner and her boss, Butch Hurst was sitting on the other side of the bar.

“Sparkle,” He said gravely, letting her only slighty hear his layered on southern accent. “Yah had a great performance today, truly spectacular! I did see that the second song that yah danced too, yer movements weren’t keeping with the song.”

“Actually I didn’t…” she interjected, but her voice was drowned out by the next song the dancer had chosen.

Bellowing over the music Butch continued as though Cessel or the music never has interrupted him. “ Now, I know the men here weren’t paying that much attention to the music. ‘Cause I heard ‘em whooping and hollering at yeh up there. But, Sunshine yah need make sure yah pick the songs yah can move to. Even though yah are a new ‘ere yah had to have known all this from the last place you worked at. I can’t be losing business from just one girl, now can I?”

Halfway yelling over the music, she replied, “Actually I didn’t notice the mistake in the dance I did.”

“That is because yah are the one dancein. O’ course yah didn’t notice it. But from back ‘ere, I can see everyone’s mistake. So just let this be a warning to yah.” He bellowed and abruptly turned his back on her.

“Alright sir.” Making a face to him behind his back. Abruptly moving to the farthest part away from him. She settled down and motioned Kyle the bartender over to get her order.

“Hey Sparkle. What you want tonight?”

“The usual.” She called out.

“A shot of whiskey coming up.”

“Thanks.” Cessel murmerd and she watched Kyle walk away and fix her drink.

What she wouldn’t give to not have to dance for a living. But you needed money for everything and the tips pay extremely well. Not to mention the salary she got each month from Butch. It all evened out; well at least the money factor did in the end.

But her family didn’t like talking to her as much. They understood she needed the money. But they couldn’t handle that she gave up on college to pursue this for herself. And on days like these she didn’t truly understand herself. If it was all for the money, then bully for her.

“ Here you are.” Kyle said while picking up the change she laid out and moving further down to another customer

Sitting back against the bar stool, she looked around the club. It was a nice place and the owner seemed to try at least to make you feel comfortable. But she it felt like something was missing. Turning back around to face the bar, she tossed back the shot and headed to the door. Slipping past Butch, she meandered through the tables and askew chairs, to the dressing room in the back to exit out the door through there.

Stepping through the doorway she saw some of the girls putting makeup or outfits on and taking them off. The few girls she knew looked up as she entered, Angel and Diamond waved at to her reflection in their mirrors as they applied fake eyelashes.

She dashed quickly outside before any could talk to her. She didn’t feel like talking to anyone tonight, especially after meeting with Butch had left her in a bad mood. Hurriedly walking around to the front of the club. She made her way to get to her car by the Chinese food place near her work. But before she reached it, she ran into someone. The impact made her land on her backside and she looked up into the eyes of the man who she ran into.

“Oh I am so sorry Madame! Are you okay?” He said with concern in his voice.

"God! Yes, Yes I am fine.” She muttered with hatred in every syllable. He then quite unexpectedly he offered her a hand up. “Thank you.” Trying to be less hateful than before.

After he had helped her to her feet, she saw the man more clearly now. She couldn't help but gasping a little at the sight of him. Here stood the most beautiful man she had seen in a long time. Decked in a gray suit and coat gently tucked over his arm; lovely short spiked hair, the dark black a perfect complement with blue eyes staring down at her.


Henry:early that night...


Slamming the book closed. Henry looked around for another sign of life in the office. He hated being the only one left in the office at night. Being the last one usually meant that you had no life and nothing but work consumed your soul. He had worked start through lunch and now missed dinner working on the lawsuit.
He ran his hand over his tired and weary eyes. Looking down at the book he just closed, he debated on opening it back up and finishing all of this in one day. It was a late Friday night that meant no work tomorrow. But if he got this done he wouldn’t have to come in tomorrow or wouldn’t have more work on the following Monday.

His stomach answering with a resounding grumble, Henry grabbed his coat and turned off his computer and lights, he headed out of the office.

Clicking the button repeatedly he waited for the elevator to make its way up to the sixth floor. With a ding the door opened and taped his foot repeatedly waiting for it to get to the first floor. As the elevator opened up on the first floor he thought to himself, “ What do I want to eat? That Chinese place near my apartment complex should be open tonight." Henry grumply admittied to himself. "I guess Chinese it is.”

Reaching his car, he took about fifteen minutes to make it to his apartment building. Parking outside he walked down to the Chinese food place keeping his eyes down from the wind he didn’t see the woman walking right in front of him. He walked straight into her knocking her to the ground.

Looking down at her he said worriedly, “Oh I am so sorry Madame! Are you okay?”

“God! Yes, Yes I am fine.” She grumbled at him. Acting on the manners he was raised with, he offered to help her up from the ground. Looking confused she replied to him with a questioning, “Thank you.”

Under the light of the signs near them, he saw the stunning woman he ran into. Even with the red glow from them, he could see her long blond curls were wild and untamed and trailed down her back, all along curvaious body. Trying not to linger on her body, he forced attention to her eyes. They were the color warm honey, staring at him from beneth those dark lashes. Her pert little nose and her cherub-like lips. She was the exact image of perfection in his eyes. It seemed so unlikely to have bumped into an angel in the middle of the street. Yet her she was.



To be continued…
© Copyright 2007 CasBrown (seerofdoom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1349414-Cessel-and-Henry