*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1349699-Cherishing-a-Friendship
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Julia
Rated: E · Monologue · Friendship · #1349699
Friendships are different for everyone in action, but deep down they're all the same.
Your eyes well up with tears as she says her last words. You want to hear her say ‘see you later’ so much, that you don’t hear goodbye. She turns and walks away with her head held high.
You want to say something, but the words get trapped in your throat. The tears roll down your crestfallen face. If there was only something you could say or do to make her stay, but you know there isn’t.
You watch as she and your heart disappear out of sight. You wonder if you will ever cherish someone as you did her. It wasn’t love you felt, but a pure, appreciation for another human that you could connect with to a deeper level than anyone else.
Memories of a different time fill your mind. The times you laughed together and cried together. The countless nights spent talking instead of sleeping. It wasn’t that you changed or she changed, but the dynamic of the relationship changed. It was her time to leave, but you had to stay, to finish what you had begun.
Deep down you are glad that you get to stay, but you would give anything for her to come back. You know her life will go on even without you. It takes a strong person to walk away, but an even stronger person to keep going.
In the end a prize will be won, whether you think you deserve it or not. You know that she will cheer you on not because of your past together but your future apart.
© Copyright 2007 Julia (rainedown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1349699-Cherishing-a-Friendship