*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1350183-The-Dark-Angel
Rated: E · Short Story · Entertainment · #1350183
A draft of a story about a lonely walk home and a strange encounter.
The dark angel flew to me and told me what I had to do. I was walking home as I did many nights before this gloriously dark occasion. I turned my head to the right and saw him flying there beside me, I never stopped walking the whole time, I took in his image and this is what I remember.
He was but five inches tall and had wings like those of fairies, though nothing about him was truly fairy like. He was an evil little being and it showed, but this is not to say that he was a hideous looking creature. His skin color was that of a dark deep muggy green and though it looked rough and hard to penetrate it seemed to glisten and shine in the moonlight. His hair was a dark, dark brown so much so that it appeared black but was brown enough so that you could tell it was not black in the poor light. His eyes seemed to have no true color, black be unfitting a description, for his eyes were a never ending depth of dark knowledge. His nose was perfectly rounded off at a non existent point that sunk into his upper lip, which gave him an evil troll/elf like grin, almost handsome. His eyebrows were the perfect outline of his face, exactly as they should be.
He was lean and had a good muscle structure. The upper part of his wings extended about 3 inches and the lower parts at least 2. The outline and veins were black and well defined no matter how thin or wide. The color of the rest of his wings was a hazy gray that you could not see through. His hands and feet had 3/4 inch claws but did not come off threatening. They were just letting me see that I could not attack without getting mortally wounded, though I had no intention of doing so.
I just continued walking as he spoke into my ear. I listened in horrified amazement, never even considering sanity or insanity. He was there to tell me this. And I will do as he says.
© Copyright 2007 float4ward (float4ward at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1350183-The-Dark-Angel