*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1350405-Hunger-a-real-issue-in-America-today
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1350405
Many people are starving in america, I am pitching a change
HUNGRY?

American life as we now know it, has real problems. In every city and town there are thousands of adults and children going hungry. A lot of these people hide their shame and pain from the rest of the country. These people go to the food bank every month and sometimes more if they are allowed.

The children of the economically challenged (poor/super poor) adults go to a regular school with the middle and upper class kids. A lot of these poor families get their clothes donated to them, so that their kids will look like everyone else. These children do not want their secret to get out to others for fear that they will be ostracized by their peers for being poor.


A lot of these children learn that lying is a great way to save their skin at a young age.
When they do not have any food to eat at school, they lie to their friends. They say I forgot my lunch at home or they bring a little something with them to school and ask (beg or bum) other children for a little of what they have. They also befriend the kids that have moms on the PTA committee so that they can get closer to those moms.


Usually people never know that these kids are suffering. Their parents teach them well. These parents know that if their children get to know the richer and smarter kids, their children will have a better chance at life than they did.


America is full of poor and hungry people. Most of these people are clean and wear regular clothing. Very few poor people are dirty, scummy, or just plain icky and dumpster diving is not as prevalent as one would believe.


America needs to wake up and stop having negative thoughts about their own poor people
here at home. Stop adding to the problem and start helping. There are several ways in which a person can help the poor with out giving them money.


Here are 5 ways that you can help the poor and save the environment in the process.



Donate instead of throwing away your unwanted items. If you have a pricey item that you want to donate and want to make sure that the person really needs the item that you are giving away, then you can set up interviews with the ones who call or inquire about theses items and usually it will be just the needy who show up.

* When you see a person begging for a job/ food on the street offer them a job if you have one available or food/ drink if you have it on you.
* If you have food in your pantry that you have not used in a while that is not expired make time to donate it to the food bank.
* Buy healty food to the food bank such as fresh nice look fruits and vegtables and meats. Also donate laundry, dishwashing, and hand soaps as well as cleaning supply's, diapers, toilet paper, shampoo and feminine products. ( These Items are in high demand but not often recieved by the food banks).
* Offer to pay a bill for someone in need ( phisically go and pay it).
* Become a big brother or sister and help underprivliged kids get ahead.
* Ask family and friends if they know of anyone that could use whatever it is that you are giving away.

Remember don't throw it away if it can be given away.
© Copyright 2007 Sweet Sarah (sausy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1350405-Hunger-a-real-issue-in-America-today