*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1350900-Wishes-For-Tetsu
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1350900
A story of the trials of a young girl names Tetsu


The floors of the castle were golden as sunlight. The walls were trimmed in ruby red. The curtains hung low to the ground, allowed only the tiniest bit of sunlight to peer through. The castle itself had a history, it had been the castle built for the first Emperor.

There were many things said about the first emperor. Some would comment that he had more than twenty children, others might say he had no children at all. The truth, he had no children. Or so he had thought. And there is where our story begins.


It began in 1412 in a small Japanese village called Hibaku. In this village there lived many people, though it was one of the smaller villages the Emperor ruled over; it still gave much to the community. In this village a system on Tenchin was created, and Tenchin was a manner in which the families were married to each other to produce better heirs. Since this only went for the royal families and Lords, the village people had no say in whom their children would marry. The Lord Arashi Fumito was in charge of overseeing which children were better benefit the families. This was critical because the Emperor was seeking to produce the perfect heir. Lord Arashi Fumito had been marrying and screening families for nearly ten years. And he had told the emperor that he finally had the perfect wife for him.

The Emperor was now at the age of twenty six, he had begun his rule at the age of fifteen. He ordered for the woman to be brought before him, he wanted to see what this woman was like and if she would truly make the perfect wife.


The Carriage bounced up and down in a rhythmic motion. Testus of the house of Genji, was seated within the carriage.

“I do not want to marry..” she had said to her mother earlier.

“We have no choice, you will be married to the Emperor or be killed. I do not want to lose another child.”

The words stung her like ice cold rain, Tetsu glanced out the sheer curtain which vailed her eyesight. They were coming to the castle now, the tan stone shed out a glowing in the bright sunlight. They passed through the front gate and went up to the main entrance. The carriage was lowered to the ground and two servants helped her down from the carriage. She straightened her Kimono and walked towards the entrance. At the door she kneeled and bowed her head to the floor. This was the custom of the people from her village. She waited until she heard the Emperor tell her she could sit up. She smiled and sat back on her knees, she kept her eyes low to the ground. She didn't dare look him in the eye, knowing the Emperor he would be very disdain and submerged in himself.

The Emperor took her hand and helped her to stand, he lifted her chin with his hand and smiled at her face.

“You are indeed beautiful.” he said softly, almost caught in the current of her beauty.

He caressed his gaze over her face, the cool blue of her eyes like the ocean during a storm. Her jet black hair which was pulled up in an intricate design. Her red lips, pursed in amazement. He noted the color of her skin, a pale tan like the sand of the beach. She was his Ocean, he immediately knew that he had to have her. He led her into the castle and down the long hall.

“We marry today..” he whispered in her ear. The act of kindness caused Testu to veer from him. His breath on her neck gave her a shiver. She was after all only seventeen, too young to marry. But as she knew, the Emperor wasn't gettng younger, and he was running out of time to produce an heir. If it hadn't been for his obsession for perfection, he would have chosen someone who would have loved him; truly and deeply. But since he had demanded the perfect wife, he had to wait. And he knew that the wait would be worth it. She could tell by the way he looked at her, she could already see him tracing his eyes over her contours. She turned herself back to the hall, denying to look him in the eye any longer. They walked to where the ceremony of marriage would take place.

After being tied to her husband, she felt an immense feeling of sadness overwhelm. Her husband was so heartless he couldn't wait five minutes to get her to bed. And once there told her he would bless her with so many things that she wouldn't regret marrying him. In fact she would enjoy it, or so he told her.

They were married a month before Tetsu began to pray for help. She prayed to the heavens for the blessing of freedom. On one special night just as she prayed a shooting star shot across the night sky. A bright flash aroused the clouds, and there was suddenly a being standing before her. Tetsu jumped backwards, tripping over her kimono and falling to the floor. The being walked towards her, a glance to her feet aroused the realization that this being was not walking on the floor, but on air.

“You are the Empress are you not?” The angelic being spoke.

“I am..” Tetsu managed to say.

She looked to this heavenly creature, her skin was pale and glowing. The edges of her dress drifted over an invisible sea, her eyes a bright emerald green, the tendrils of her hair floated as if guided by water; Black as ebony.

“Who are you?” Tetsu asked.

“My name is Ayane, I am here to grant you your wish of freedom.”

“What do you mean?” Tetsu asked standing.

“I will make you the most heavenly being of freedom, on one condition.”

Tetsu waited for the one condition, “You must fight for me..for one hundred years. When that time is over, if you wish I shall return you to being a human.”

Tetsu pursed her lips in thought. Being alive for one hundred years? She thought of the good that would come out of it. “I would be free..” she whispered.

Ayane smiled, “Yes Love, you would be free. “

“Alright..I'll do it.” she said in a soft tone.

Ayane giggled and waved her hand over Tetsu. All that she saw was blue, an array of colors drifting all around her.

Looking down she saw her naked form, translucent in the rainbow. She gasped, seeing herself so exposed in the open air was frightening. Then she heard Ayane's voice.

“Do not worry Tetsu, this is the natural process of becoming my sorceress.” she laughed softly, “What powers shall I grant my new daughter?”

Tetsu looked all around her, circling above her head were seven beings. From the corner of her eye she noticed a necklace rising from her chest. The gold chain pulled against her neck. The clear jewel which set inside the gold locket shine with brilliance.

“I shall make you the ultimate sorceress!” Ayane spoke loudly.

Tetsu felt a warmth running through her, she looked above the seven were preparing for something. Their hands were now held in a praying position. Tetsu then saw their golden head bands. Each with a different colored stone. Tetsu noted the order, from the right the colors went- Red, White, Purple, Gold, Blue, Green and Pink.

The colors were somehow familiar. But Tetsu just couldn't put her finger on it. Suddenly, she felt a jolt go through her body. It threw her head back, she was looking straight up.

“Now listen Tetsu, this is important. You will have all the knowledge with which you will need to wield you new powers. You will be gifted with the Seven Remnants.
Firstly, Fire; Red as Hell, Hot as a newly pulled coal from the flame. Secondly, Air- White and Clear as a Spring breeze, yet powerful as an stormy day. Thirdly, Honor- Purple, the color of Royalty. Never forget where you are from. Fourthly, Bravery, The Golden Rule which governs my children. Always be brave, even in the saddest times.”

Tetsu began to cry as she felt the burning sensation travel through her feet and up her legs, climbing higher and higher till it reached the tips her fingers. The ends of her hair began to glow white. Her eyes turned a translucent blue.

“Fifthly, “ continued Ayane. “Fifthly, Water- The healing powers of the Blue Ocean will serve you well. In your times of trouble, when wounds need healing. Turn to this power. And finally, Earth- This power will bring the world to it's knees. Control the naturals of the Earth. And bring peace back to our nation.”

Tetsu let out a deep sigh as the light slowly crawled back from her. She gasped for air as the pain subsided. Tetsu looked up to see Ayane's beautiful face looking her directly in the eye.


“Now listen Tetsu, because this last gift is not a power, but an ability. Because I believe you strong I know you will be able to wield this gift. This last gift I bestow upon you, is Love, stronger than the Titans. More powerful than Life itself. This gift will guide you through your one hundred year conquest.”

Tetsu smiled, “I will let love lead me..Mistress.” she whispered. Ayane planted a kiss on her cheek. And closed her eyes.

When Tetsu opened them, she was in a grassy, green and very Hill worthy place.
She automatically knew where she was, she was in the northern hills of Japan. It was spring time. Tetsu took a deep breath, it felt good to be able to breathe freely. She suddenly heard a voice.

“Tetsu!” it called. Tetsu looked over the ridge, there standing upon it was a man. A very handsome man. He walked towards her until they were face to face.

“I knew Ayane would grant you to me,” he began “I have dreamt about you the last twelve years.”

Tetsu smiled, “What is your name?” she asked.

“I am you companion, Resheph.” he said a smiled to his lips.

Somehow, Tetsu felt bonded to this man. She took his hand and the two walked down into the tall grass. They sat down and learned of each other.


It didn't take Tetsu long to trust him, that night she let him in her bed. And the two dreamt a dream more magical than Tetsu had ever seen. His touch sent her to the heavens, his body pressed against hers. It was an everlasting hold. Both hearts were touched that night.

Resheph told Tetsu that Ayane had joined them together and that they were to live out their time with each other. As Companions, but also as Warriors. Tetsu was happy, she felt love for this man. She wanted to be with him, unlike with the Emperor.

Tetsu could honestly say she was happy. She fought beside Resheph for many years. She cared for him when he was sick, healed him when he was hurt and made love to him when the moon was high in the sky and the blessed thought of children was in the air.

Tetsu could not have asked for a better life. She was an excellent warrior and Ayane's wishes were nothing but good.
Tetsu knew this was truly her happy ending. All her wishes had come true, and she thanked Ayane for that.
Forever.








© Copyright 2007 HanakoMegumi (hanakomegumi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1350900-Wishes-For-Tetsu