*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1351475-Beauty-is-Skin-Deep
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #1351475
I ponder "Beauty is only skin deep". I hope that you have the time to review it.
I listen to the words, “Beauty is only skin deep”.

I wonder if that statement holds truth.

I've met some women who are so beautiful they have taken my breath away and I understand that underneath our fleshy facade, there can be a difference on the inside.

Not everyone is overwhelmed by physical first impressions.

It could be that I sense beauty a little different than some. I look at others and seek their soul more often than not. I search from almost our first moment of contact for the energy that makes them who they are.

It can be hard sometimes to easily identify the non-physical beauty or ugliness that defines a person. I feel that often changes with immediate situation a person is placed in.

We are now thrust into a world surrounding us with so much technology. Many of us are removed from the daily contact with the human physical, through the use of internet messages, email and video, that you could go days without looking a person in the eyes.

This lack of physical interaction forces us to look for the spirit translated through the airwaves and the fiber optics that now take up so much of our lives. Too often we have to simply use emoticons or symbols just to interpret the meanings of others.

I relish the opportunity to look in the eyes of another and make contact with their soul. I find beauty in the heart and mind of another, not in the color of their skin or the size of their nose.

I believe that beauty goes much deeper than just the skin.

Will Piper
© Copyright 2007 BillPiper (billpiper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1351475-Beauty-is-Skin-Deep