*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1351637-A-moment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Nixon
Rated: E · Sample · Personal · #1351637
A moment of thought captured in words
The smooth white snow moulds into the clear blue emptiness of the above heavens. Slowly the cream coloured sphere reaches into the sky, grappling with gravity. It drags the hidden sparks of the imagination out upon the lifeless backdrop, in yet another night.

A cloud of mist vanishes in the chilled air as you breathe out. The stinging loneliness scratches at the door of your soul. Again you breath in, you feel the sharp touch of the ice in your lungs, though trying to ignore it.

Time ceases to move as your body stands upright and empty, your mind churning through past thoughts and experiences, yet to achieve nothing but lost hope. Why bother thinking, it has left me nowhere but from which I started. I cannot escape it; it holds me as tight as the devil holds sin. Yet to be without it is to not be myself, to be no one, to be nothing.

As though you reach some kind of conclusion you are compelled to move. You turn back slowly, feeling as though you had just figured out where you were. Steadily steeping forward you walk back the way you came, a familiar sensation.
© Copyright 2007 Nixon (nixon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1351637-A-moment