*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1351847-life-or-something
Rated: 18+ · Other · Adult · #1351847
Im a new writer, only 19 and if anyone wants to give me advice id love to hear it
The cold didn't bother her, she was on a mission of sorts. Her coat hung past her hands making it hard to light the cigarette she was desperate for. She finally managed to spark it and inhaled, but as she exhaled she wasn't sure if it was smoke or her warm breath making the cloud in front of her. Her eyes darted, her blonde hair blocking most of the view to her right. She took another puff of the menthol, calming her nerves. A chill ran down her spine, she was out of place, Camden was not for the faint of heart.

Just a month ago, she had been in Michigan, worlds away from this pit that seemed to eat young girls like her day and night. A warm house, a mothers love...

"I have $40."

Her eyes snapped open. 'I hate this' She thought as she walked toward the car, steadily sucking in as much smoke as her little lungs could handle. She's been offered $1,000 before and turned it down, too good for such things, and now $40 was the going rate. She didn't finish the cigarette before she got to the car but threw it, and it landed right it a huge puddle. It seemed her life resembled the cigarette. A small light that before it could run its course was thrown to the ditches.
© Copyright 2007 lyndsie (lyndsie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1351847-life-or-something