*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1351887-DAWN-the-Ultimate-Saga
Rated: E · Fiction · History · #1351887
DAWN is an historical fiction and epic about our roots and our ancestors in Europe.
Historical epic saga of heroic fantasy, Dawn tells the story of the Indo-Europeans, the ancestors of the nations of Europe, western Asia, the Americas and Oceania.
This saga takes place in Europe at the crossroads prehistory and history as civilization dawns. A group of clans living in Eastern Europe shares common institutions, language, mythologies and political systems. The story of these, the forefathers of European nations, of India, Iran as well as the Anglo-Saxon and Latin world, lays the very foundations of Western civilization. Dawn tells the story of this crucial period where their peoples scattered and dispersed.
Discover here in this epic historical fiction the ancestors of great nations and the roots of modern civilization. Marc Galan, novelist and art critic, brings this never-before told story to life through vivid imagery and contemporary, innovative writing.


BOOK  I/IX: THE SUN-STONE

“We shouldn’t have!”
No, they shouldn’t have stopped at the village of the otters, but they were so fatigued after a season of fighting, and it was so close by... They would have done better camping in a field of nettles.
They had quickly understood. They had treated it according to its merits and left. Glory and honors awaited them. They had to leave! It was so much better!
It was so much worse!   


BOOK  II/IX: THE SACRED SPRING
Ambition is a quality, but when it runs up against one who is too blessed, everything changes. It becomes the mother of all crimes.
Because the gods had chosen him to foil the projects of Thonronsis, Kleworegs was to become the object of his hatred. He would escape several attempts at his life, but one would nearly claim him.
What if the death opened a door to another world? What if the will to refuse this world outweighed the fatality of a destiny foretold? 


BOOK III/IX: TO EACH HIS SPOILS
("I had wanted to give him his chance!")
Kleworegs, chosen and smiled upon by the gods, had his own way when it came to applying human law. It was an amusing challenge to offer to Udnessunus, a shifty peasant, the same opportunities as a king; despite his virtues, he would not know what to do with them.
He had chosen his man well – too well. Udnessunus had succeeded – far beyond his highest expectations – in making many kings including himself, upon whom fortune reluctantly smiled, ashamed.
Will he let his jealousy triumph?

to be continued...
© Copyright 2007 Marc Galan (marcgalan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1351887-DAWN-the-Ultimate-Saga