*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1353162-Writing-and-how-to-do-it
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Letter/Memo · Other · #1353162
Writing..how to do it,and how to cry without anyone knowing..
How to become a writer...or finding the right syllable...one sound at a time...

On embarking on this potentially wonderful journey just remember you will face many hurdles. A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.Your first step in the direction of your laptop will probably involve falling on your face a couple of times and wondering how anyone can get writers block whilst looking for the pencil.
The fact that writers block supposedly hurts is a myth..until you get it for real.(Don't ask what an imaginary case looks like...I'm not a shrink ok)

The pain is like stubbing your toe (your big one),vigorously,on very rough concrete.
(It's actually worse but I don't won't to be off putting..i feel a bit queasy myself..)

There are a myriad of possibilities...you will keep strange hours and you will feel like you are just about to have a mental breakdown...this is just God saying you were born to do this and it is your brain re-wiring itself. In the early stages don't announce to everyone you know a writer and are becoming one yourself suddenly,claiming it is a miracle and offering your draft for sale. Even your friends wont buy this nonsense (what are you man) and will laugh in your face.

In the early stages do not...I repeat DO NOT show anyone your work and I apologize for shouting.You yourself may occasionally have a quick peek but essentially it is a very private affair.

You will need to read and re-read the classics.This includes the childrens picture book "Where the wild things are" which I don't think anyone gets the first time around.
(Around the world in eighty days also comes under this category)

And by the way the Cat in the Hat also warrants further study.

Where do you go for inspiration you ask? Well ,look no further than the people around you.
I walk to work on a very busy,daily. People everywhere are shouting on their cell phones and what once was a private domain has become very public.
I will post these results when I can contain myself a little.
Bic Calamus.....this is my pen name
Bic is a cheap brand of pen that breaks when you first go to use it.
Calamus is part of my Latin heritage.




© Copyright 2007 Bic Calamus (bic-calamus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1353162-Writing-and-how-to-do-it