*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1353201-Whod-Have-Thought-ch1-pt2
Rated: E · Fiction · Arts · #1353201
part two of chapter! Nicole returns home
Nicole entered her house with a triumphant smile on her face. Almost as soon as she entered the house it was ruined with a smack to her face. She fell to the floor with surprise.
"You little liar. You went to that damn orientation didn't you?"
"Um... yes."
"I told you no!"
"You told me to go to school." Nicole pleaded "So I did."
"If I had know that it was just for the art students I wouldn't have said that and you know it. You could have offered the information. No matter your taking the academic courses tomorrow any way."
"No I'm not. I'm not signed up for those classes. My schedule is filled with Art classes and one academic class." Nicole said looking away from her mother. her mother grabbed Nicole by her face and pulled her up. She looked at her with a crazed look.
"What? Why the hell would you do that after I told you no!" She yelled smacking Nicole in the face.
"Because it's what I want and a good mother would accept that!" Nicole said standing up for herself. Nicole expected the slap from that comment.
"Tomorrow we're going up to your school and changing that."
"No we're not. If I don't want to they won't change it."
"You're going to want to." Nicole's mother said in a threatening voice. Nicole ran up to her room warm tears streaming down her face.
          In the middle of the night Nicole quietly gathered her most important stuff and packed it in her book bag. Before leaving she wrote a note for her mum where she'd see it when she woke up, telling her where she'd be.
Went to school early, going to change schedule

          It was one thirty when Nicole arrived at her fathers house. An hour and a half from when she left. She sighed deeply before ringing the door bell. She rang it three times before her father finally opened the door.
"Nicole what you doing here?" Her father asked in his very noticeable Argentinian accent.
"Papa I can't live with mum any more." She said in Spanish breaking into tears.
"Oh mi hija. Every thing is going to be fine. Come in." Her father said.
"Did you walk all the way here?" He asked.
"Yes."
"Javier what's going on? Oh Nicole hi!" Her father's wife Sandra said as she walked in. "Oh my God your face!"
"Her mother did this." He said getting angry.
"Well." Sandra said. "You can stay here until you graduate from high school. There is no need for you to be beaten like that. Javi how could she do this to her own daughter?"
"I don't know amor. Well let's get you into bed you have school tomorrow."
"I'm doing the art program." Nicole said.
"Really! That's amazing mi hija! I knew you'd get in. I'm so proud."
"Gracias papa."
"Wait is that the reason she gave you these?" He asked.
"Yes, she really didn't want me to do it. But I wanted to so badly, I know I disobeyed her but she never lets me do anything for myself."
"No, it's fine. Just go to bed."


© Copyright 2007 Bbygrlraya (sorayazinha22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1353201-Whod-Have-Thought-ch1-pt2