*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1354786-Drowning
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1354786
A short story of a girl falling and drowning and dying...all at once.
Water's surrounding me. Pulling me under. Killing me. It grabs a hold of me and tightens its grip, an overpowering pull brings me down and begins to drown me. I try to scream out but no sound manages to escape my throat, instead water spills down it. Except it's no longer water but blood. I was drowning in gallons of dark, black blood. Again I try to call but still my voice cannot leave my terrified body, however instead of blood gushing down my neck it chokes an ear-piercing screech out of me and I begin to realise that there's more screeching, screaming and crys of torture and I'm not under all that thick pool of blood anymore but falling. Falling through nothingness, a black abyss. Other children are falling to, little pale kids with black scribbles for eyes, they own the other petrified calls of terror.
Dead. I must be dead. I'm still and feel numb and sensationless and I can see the children coming towards me with those maniac, black scribble eyes. They look hungry.
A small, bony one with snow-white skin and long thin fingers reaches out towards me and grabs my white night gown and tears it off my cold body. And then with those long, bony fingers reaches in and tears my flesh apart as ice-cold hands rip in my heart.
I truely am dead now. A wondering ghost, a lost child, wondering alone, walking the loney, sinister night road - the road of the dead - but I'm not alone, no, I can see the girl, the girl that killed me coming towards me again, carrying my heart.
She smiles an evil smile. Her teeth are black and molded, rotting like her mind must be and then her smile fades and she merely stands there with her mouth wide open and with a razor sharp, rotten tooth pierces my heart, ripping it apart and begins to eat it. She swallows and disappears.
I'm screaming. Actually making a noise this time, and I can feel again. I can feel a warm, comforting feeling, my duvet. Oh great, it was just a dream and then suddenly I'm drowning again - a never ending nightmare.
© Copyright 2007 xmcr4lifex (kay4mcr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1354786-Drowning