*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1355226-Beauty
by LiSsA
Rated: · Other · Romance/Love · #1355226
Just read it..
Every single morning I awake. Vulnerable to the cruel outside staring at me in hunger to defeat me. I get up, against my will, go to my secret closet somewhere no one will ever dare to look. I unlock the many locks and disarm many alarms to come across my most cherished possesion. My mask, my mask of hapiness...
Without the mask everyone has grown to know and falsy love, i'm nothing and alone. The mask protects and hides my true insides. My pain, my secrets and sorrow. Some might say I'm fake or unreal, but who are they to judge. They too have their own kind of cover ups. If you can't beat them, join them.
To the outside wordl and the naked eye I come across as happy. No care in the world, just another young girl with the world at her beck and call. Willingly at her feet, waiting to snap her fingers for something to do. No one really knows and no one will ever know the real truth. The truth that is inside me. The fact that I am broken.. To some even unrepairable. I'm weeping of hopelessness and regrets. No hope, no dreams, no NOTHING!
Just me who no one really cares about.
They say they love you, they say they would go to the end of the earth for you but is that coming from the heart. The place where it should come from? Do they truely mean it? Or is it just their mask or cover up they are presenting to the world and you? Just like me...
Afraid of revealing their inner true self. Afraid to get to know the real, raw, rare me without any pretences or without any masks or form thereof...
They all run at the sight. Except you... You see me naked, stripped of all my guards, locks and shields. Only me... Bare and grusome. Stripped and torn apart from everything good and delightful. I'm only left with me emotion and most truthful self. Ugly and full of flaws.
It's you who come to me and look deep into my eyes whilst saying, "You look beautiful..."
© Copyright 2007 LiSsA (lissa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1355226-Beauty