*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1355246-personal-response-essay
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1355246
Personal Response Essay
.


“My Personal Response Essay”

For the past thirteen years, my life has been centered on school. I have now reached the age where I must make a choice about my future. My goals from a young age have been to go to college. In my high school years I have fine-tuned my goals. I have decided to major in psychology and pursue a career as a clinical psychologist. I have always enjoyed school, not necessarily the early mornings and unstudied for tests, but the knowledge that is obtained. I enjoy learning things that will help me later on with life’s problems. Without knowledge solutions rarely present themselves.
Through high school my favorite subject has been English, due partly to my inspirational ninth grade teacher. I like English also because of my fondness of reading and writing in general. I enjoy classics as well as contemporary works. Also, I do not mind reading the textbooks from my history classes. Reading can present itself in many ways. You can read a classic novel or play for its literary merit, you can enjoy a fiction novel to immerse yourself in the story, or you can gain the knowledge of past events from a history textbook. Likewise, writing can be approached in many ways. Writing is not only what is done for essays in class. Writing can be done to write stories to be enjoyed my millions or just for you. A simple poem or the lyrics of a song artistically bring your emotions to the surface. Writing can be a simple post-it note on someone’s computer to let them know that you care. Writing can also release frustration. If something is bothering you, you can rant all you want on paper and calm yourself to deal with the situation rationally.
Along with academics, I also believe that athletics are important. I participate in Cross Country in the fall and the winter and spring track and field programs. Running is a large part of my high school life. I have been able to stay in shape through running. Also, the want to run better has encouraged me to eat healthier. There are three main parts of a race: beginning, middle, and end. On the starting line the anticipation gets the body ready for the three-quarter sprint the rest of the pack. In long distance running, the middle of the race shows the endurance of the runner’s training. Finally, the end of the races comes. The finish line is in sight and another runners footsteps are heard merely paces behind. After the long race the runner feels drained, but their adrenaline kicks in allowing them to give all they have left with the final 100-meter sprint.
My future holds all the things that I aspire to achieve. My choices and actions now are what will affect my success later. I choose to achieve my goals, and so with the first step, my college experience begins.
© Copyright 2007 LostShadow (lostxshadow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1355246-personal-response-essay