*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1356353-Xbox-360
Rated: E · Essay · Young Adult · #1356353
I submitted this piece to a local magazine as part of a "What You're Writing" section.
Xbox 360
         “Just press B to shoot!” my brother, Eric, yells at me.  We’re down by just one point in our Luxembourg vs. Uzbekistan showdown in a simulated World Cup game on our Xbox 360.  I of course miss the shot.  I have absolutely no idea what I am doing.  All I know how to do is slide tackle, just press X, which has resulted in at least two red cards and Eric yelling gibberish about losing points on his username. 
         The first time Eric coaxed me into playing, we were on separate teams.  He, Azerbaijan, beat me, Liechtenstein, 6-0.  Being a generally nice guy, he now lets me play on his team.  But it takes a lot more than just being nice to play on a team with me. 
My player runs uselessly around the ball while I try to make him pinpoint its actual position.  Once I have finally gotten possession of the ball and turned to the direction of Uzbekistan’s goal I feel like I might be getting somewhere.  I press A to pass to a member of my team that is being controlled by Eric.  He takes the shot and it rebounds of the far post back into play.  My player is in perfect position make the shot.  Just press B, I think to myself. I press a button and my player slide tackles the goalie. 
© Copyright 2007 abigailiagiba (ads0706 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1356353-Xbox-360