*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1356714-Eyes-Wide-Open-Life-as-it-should-be
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1356714
Another place in another time. A helpless traveler waiting for the unknown destination.
As I walk along the cliff just outside my childhood home, I see the open space is filled with the gentle ocean spray. The smell of the sea permeated the air. The warmth of the sun caressed my skin. Under the weeping willow was an old park bench, stained with the ageless wisdom of those who came before me. I sat watching the serf crashing into the cliff's below. I listened as the clandestine chorus of the seagulls confer with each other
as they fished for their evening meal. My eyes are wide open, yet my heart is closed. I feel my mind taking me to another place in another time. I am falling into my own mind. A helpless traveler waiting for the unknown destination. I inhale the salty air and I am instantly rejuvenated. I am awaiting the awakening of my soul.

As I take my sunglasses off, I am blinded by the sun’s bright burst. Floating rays erupt and dance as I focus on the tranquility of nature around me. I want to capture the pleasure in the moment. Feel the beauty within. Experience the familiarity of life. I have walked through life on the outside looking in. Not quite apart, yet not separate. I have come to deal with the realities of life. Nature in its simplicity, I hope, will teach me. I close my eyes and drift off into the imaginary world I have created for one. Slowly, I begin to feel the heat of the sun on my arms. I’m dawn to the breeze that is tenderly moving my hair. The caress feels like a lovers gently embrace. My head tingles with anticipation. I sense the change as the blood rushes down. My heart pounds with the force of nature. Each beat a plea for release. The unexpected pressure building up, ready to explode with a renewed purpose. Humanity is nature. Nature on the edge of living life to it's the fullest. My breath quickens, and with each breath, the intense emotions of life are entering my body. For a moment, I feel fear as they are touching my soul.

I wait patiently for the fulfillment the energy surging through my body will bring. Like their crescendo, emotions surface, crashing into my tranquil mind. Pictures of a time long gone, invade my mind. The passion rages through me. Life and love. Birth and death. Joy and sorrow. The kaleidoscope of human forms create a collage of my moments. Heat invades me. My mind is quiet. The simple pleasures are encircling the peaceful moments of my life. They have brought forth what I search for. My eyes are wide open. I no longer feel a disconnected presence searching for the calm within the storm. That storm of emotional upheaval that has torn me apart for so long. The pieces of my disconnected obsessions have always forces me to scrutinize my existence. I watched as the timeless passionate quest for happiness was achieved in those around me. Some how it seemed elusive only to me. I sought monetary gain. Feeling, that if that one quest was achieved then happiness shall follow. Only the shallow find happiness in wealth. I desire the taste of true freedom. Freedom from an emotional void which leaves me with a superficial existence.

My eyes are wide open as I am reborn. As I am renewed with the freedom to feel the warm sun embrace my body. I am awakened as the energy surging through my soul, holds me. I can recognize the value of happiness being measured by the people I have met. The friends I have gained. The family I have in my fold and the God that I am now at peace with. My eyes are wide open. I will hold on to the quiet moments. Embrace the diversity of life with each serge of energy. I will benefit from the simple pleasure within me. I will take pleasure in the simplicity of existence and welcome all that life has to offer. For my eyes are wide open and the simple pleasure is You.
© Copyright 2007 JavaQueen2000 (javaqueen2000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1356714-Eyes-Wide-Open-Life-as-it-should-be