*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357664-Sly-cooper-King-of-thieves--Prolude
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1357664
When sly thinks he's out of the game and over with, something shows him that it isn't over
Now this story is an original idea that I have put up in my mind for a while. This is a story about a thief that gave it all away just to be with the one he cared about. The characters are made, owned, and copy writ by sucker punch. This story is to be best expanded to where the characters are as alive as they can be and even about an event tragic enough to have you ponder about the next game they make. This...is Sly's story.

===============================================================

Welp, it's amazing we find ourselves here in a great monumental occasion of myself, Sly Cooper, and a gal of mine, Carmelita Fox. Those of you who don't know me, I was once the most famous and most imfamous thief there ever existed in crime. My parents, a family from a long line of thieves, died from being hunted by the fiendish five. In the orphanage after, I met Bentley, the brain, and Murray, the brawn, and the three of us rather became fast friends.

We had alot of heists, stole back the thievious raccoonus from the fiendish five, defeated a mechanical owl named clockwerk...twice if you count a girl taking over his body, and even robbed our way into a family inheritance of mine. Sadly, I nearly died getting it and thought it was best I hang my mask and cane up for good. I know it's rather stupid, but at least we got what we came for...and that was it. After that, I wanted it to be over with and forgotten once and for all, thus using the ploy of acting under amnesia...

Bentley was last seen at kaine island where my fortune is, along with penelope mouse. She's an equally intelligent pilot and engineer, whom she and Bently both updated the vault and island for better security. I wouldn't be amazed if I got caught in it myself, knowing how great a mind Bentley is. I always felt he had something going for him. Though I wonder, what if the two were to actually get into a coupling up together? Well, one can only speculate on the possibilities...

Murray was last heard being at the Van cart races proceeding onward towards being the best racer there was. He always did love the tracks as much as any other roadster on the derby by now. I feel proud to have called him the best muscle there was, not to mention a great fighter, and a more kind hearted friend I can ever find. Last thing I can remember is that he was with the Guru before that old koala got stuck with a few guitarists at new york. Maybe he wanted to get away from the paparatsi...

Panda king is another accomplice we helped out a while ago, big guy was really quite the bomb in bombardments. Anything explosive, with a fuse, or full of flammable combustible formulas, you get it from him. Though he's using it right now to make sure the wrong guy won't be taking his daughter, Jing King, any time soon...or any guy for the matter... Honestly, if he wasn't so picky he would already be getting the right guy for her by now. Oh well, I'd feel partly worried about who my kid would marry if I had a daughter.

Dimitri...well I don't know about him. Poor guy's English is so bad I can't make heads or tails about his post cards to me whenever I get the mail. Sometimes I get it, other times I don't, so let's just say he's having a fun time with his family thing or whatever he's doing. probably in jail again poor fella...I'll never know. The pictures on the cards do speak better than his wording at least. With that said, I don't need to try going to a translator to find out what his sentences mean.

As for me...well...like I said, I'm on a date with Carmelita, the girl I wanted to be with since my first few heists starting. I tell ya, she maybe a tough nut but when ya crack her open she's like a soft warm sweet filling on the inside. It's the kind of girl I actually wanted to go cold turkey on thievery for. I'm serious, I gave up stealing and faked amnesia just so I can finally have a life with her. Let's just say that the last adventure we had made sure that I was right on deciding this.

Right now, me and her are at the Eiffel tower, overlooking all of Paris like we did before back when facing Clock-La. I tell ya, it's actually beautiful once ya get the time off to look at it closely. The look in her Sapphire blue eyes and her long flowing blue night hair, makes me wanna say I'm actually in love. That's right, I finally decided to get myself going with Carmelita and get a real relationship going with her. She's even just as beautiful as Paris itself from this high view of it all.

"Sly," she spoke up, that voice of hers I always hear barking at me so soft and calm now, makes me feel like I sorta missed it, But only sorta. "Thanks for taking me out to the Eiffel tower restaurant. You didn't have to go through ALL this for me." Dear girl's being modest about the entire date now. I'm really starting to get to know the real Carmelita I been missing out on.

"Carmelita, I'd go through ANYTHING for you, you know that." I encouraged, holding a fine glass of pure wine up in hand and toasting with my lovely sweetheart. I tell ya, who knew retirement would be this sweet when you have it with the girl ya love. I sure as heck didn't know it till now that is. Good thing I quit the family business while I could before I coulda gotten myself into worser trouble than on Kaine island.

Even her giggle gave my heart a thumping upon that it'll never forget. "Oh ringtail! I can't believe you'd say something like that though. We don't have to do so much anymore other than doing our jobs now. I tell you, with your skills, you make a great secret agent when busting up a crime ring." There she goes mentioning about my new job being her partner. Sure it's nice and all, but the downside is ya can't keep the loot ya take from the bosses. Least it's made up for in a big fat piece of paper we call a Pay check.

"I only feel sorry I have to resort to stealing to keep my cover." I converse with her in return. Seriously, I'm lying right between the cracks of my teeth saying that. I rather enjoy it when I could put my skills to the test again and again at every new security measure there is. I get lucky to test new security systems here and there back at interpol. Those guys can't make a safe enough security measure unless I came back from retirement and robbed em blind on the spot with an inside job. Although...that doesn't sound like a bad april fools prank to pull off next year.

"Sly ... sometimes I question if you really mean that. I mean, when I see you in the training exercises you looked like you were at home again in your element." Her aluring voice echoes along as she twisted a finger on a wine glass edge. I listen to those words being spoken so simply and ... bluntly maybe. Ok, this might not be one of them fully fancible dates or dinners but at least I'm getting somewhere. I think I am aren't I? Now I'm wishing Bently was here right now whispering in my ear with a com link and giving me dating advice.

"Heh...what can I say." I remarked, "Something about a good work out and testing of my abilities makes me feel at peak condition. Guess that's why I feel at home doing it so often and what not. But enough about that, I have something that you might really like." I steered the conversation, hoping to turn this little chit chat somewhere else other than personal information. I am still faking memory loss here and I don't want to slip the tongue on my ultimate disguise, as if I haven't mentioned that enough as it is.

Right now, there is one final heist I wanted to make that was what any man would give their arm and leg for, the one thing all males and females strive to get from one another, and even more so find it hard to fully describe such a robbery. I did all the planning by myself, which furthers the feelings on how I wish Bently was still here, and I even set up all the times and reservations for this one CRUTIAL moment! The biggest heist ever, even perhaps of all time, was that I would finally get to steal Carmelitas Heart. Metaphorically might I remind you.

My hand slips down into my pocket as some sweat trickles down my brow while I was reaching for it. I know I had it somewhere honestly, I coulda sworn I stole it myself...Kidding! I spent actual money to buy the reservations, the food, and even this one last thing that's so needed for this entire date. You think I, The one and only Sly Cooper, would just resort to stealing tickets to the restaurant and even steal an engagement ring just for this one final night? Seriously folks don't roll your eyes like I'm joking heh.

Pulling my hand out after, I slowly lift up what we all know was coming one way or another. In my hand right now, at this moment in time, was a little black fuzzy box that would hold within it, the most precious thing that I would ever hope for her to enjoy in her life. My free hand lifts up slowly to the lid, my eyes seeing her own pupils dialating in shivering delight as I lift the lid open. Within it, shined the most beautiful sapphire engagement ring anyone can ever imagine in their many life times. This, the best thing I ever got with my earned personal cash, was the most greatest thing that ever came out of the jewelry box.

"Carmelita...I know there isn't any other way of really saying this, but I really wanted to get this for you badly." I spoke, silently in a whisper having her lean in to listen to every caring word I said. I would say any closer and I could steal a kiss again from her and get away with it. She and I were getting so up close together, her just trying to listen and me trying to whisper it to her. I couldn't keep my heart from wanting to cut out of my chest and pounce on her all over in embrace. I tell ya, I am really sweating up a storm here right now.

Indeed, it got her leaning in and listening intently, her eyes sparkling as she looked at the well crafted detail of the ring. Man I love it when a good plan comes together like this. "Sly...I mean...Oh wow you...you really got this for me? I don't know what to say..." It looked like she was gonna break a tear right then and there from all of the excitement welling up inside her. come on carm, you can do it, I know you want to. I went through alot to pay for this ring just so I can get to see a tear of joy on your lovely cheek.

"I did...because I wanted to do it for you Carmelita..." I whispered still, leaning in further as she did the same as me too. I tell ya, the way the both of us are so close together, just inches apart from actually getting a real kiss from one another, is just driving me so crazy right now! Come on Sly, seal the deal and tell her what you wanted to all this time! "...Carmelita...there's something I wanted to tell you all this time when we been partners for so long...I...I want to ask if you'll be-"

"WE interrupt this program to bring you this news broadcast! It looks like some big great explosion has suddenly occurred at the first national museum of Paris. No eye witnesses have taken sight to whom the perpetrator was but it is inclined that the culprit is still in the building, repeat, the culprit is still IN THE BUILDING! Information leaks out that the top agents of Interpol, Carmelita fox and Constable Cooper, are being notified right away for the situation!" OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOOD GRIEF! Just when I was about to score with Carmelita and land myself a good life!!!

It was there that my pager and hers went off on our belts, giving off the alert to the crime scene already. Poor gal...bet she was hoping for a good luck kiss too from yours truly. Well...maaayyybe we might sneak one to each other on the way there, but we need to get going fast since I'm suddenly developing a bad feeling in my stomach. Still, whoever it was, they'll be really sorry they messed around at a museum while sly cooper is around. With the strange feeling in the pit of my stomach suddenly appearing, I have a bad feeling I don't really know the meaning of the word OVER just yet.

End of prolude.

Coming up next: When Sly and Carmelita fox make to the museum of Paris, they find that the crook was waiting for them to arrive all this time. But when Sly goes on in alone to get the robber, he finds a surprise at the end that will never leave him the same again. Tune in next time when...

Sly Cooper and Carmelita star in Episode 1: PARIS PERIL!
© Copyright 2007 JulioandRena (julio at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357664-Sly-cooper-King-of-thieves--Prolude