*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357712-A-Tribute-to-Ruffian
Rated: ASR · Other · Animal · #1357712
For Ruffian. A racehorse in her prime, that tragically loses her life.
  From the day we set eyes on her, we knew.  She was a champion.  We were right.  She ran undefeated.  No horse was a match for her.  When she won, no horse was anywhere near her. 

Ruffian.

  Foolish Pleasure was considered the best racehorse of the time. But some said Ruffian could beat him.  The match race.  Ruffian and Foolish Pleasure ran neck and neck down the track, then she broke ahead of him.  She was leading by a neck when she fell.  Her leg snapped underneath her. Foolish Pleasure claimed the win.
 
  The vets worked 8 hours straight, but when she came out of anesthetic, she began to thrash.  She broke her other leg.  They put her down.  Some said she was the greatest racehorse of all time.  The only race she lost was the race that killed her.

Goodbye Ruffian
© Copyright 2007 Meggie Folchart (meggiefolchart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357712-A-Tribute-to-Ruffian