*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359185-That-sinking-Feeling
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Myria
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1359185
Short vignette on love. 8th grd.
That Sinking Feeling
         He came over.  We talked awhile about everything we had ever done.  Our first date.  The first time he met my Dad and immediately became terrified of him.  Everything.
         Then he talked about his life.  How his parents were getting divorced and he was going to be moving.  How his life was going to get a little hectic once he started going to a new school.  It wouldn’t be the same anymore.     
         One last kiss and suddenly we weren’t together anymore.  He walked off the porch and just left. Leaving me there in my own ocean of feelings.  He had walked into my life and sprinted out leaving behind tons of memories but not one good reason why he really left me.  Just a bunch of lame excuses.
         I sat on the porch looking at my feet.  Hoping it was April Fools Day or something.  My eyes wandered like a lost child to a small folder he had left next to me.  I opened it and everything we had ever given each other fell out.  A card from fourth grade, a ticket stub from Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone. 
         Finally two pictures fall.  Two pictures I hadn’t seen before but I remembered them perfectly.  The first was taken the first day of fourth grade.  Posing at our spot in the park.  Me smiling in my innocent way.  Him sitting there looking the exact opposite of innocent.  Both of us unknowing of what was to come.
         The second photo looked exactly the same except it was taken two days before.  The last picture on the role of film we had bought together for his Birthday party.  There at our spot posed in the exact same way.  Me smiling still looking innocent and him looking as if he had just gotten away with something.  Even the leaves were the same color, the swings coated with the same rust and both of us still unknowing of what was to come. 
         I was sinking.  I knew the feeling.  That sinking feeling you get when you know that your boat is filling up with water and there is no way out.  Not one way out of your own boat.

© Copyright 2007 Myria (mluty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359185-That-sinking-Feeling