*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359545-A-girl-named-Despair-REVISED
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #1359545
She hadn't been wanted. She wasn't wanted by parents either. She was so alone. . .
The sun shined brilliantly through the red, satin curtains, casting a light glow upon the beautiful face of a sleeping girl. She lay in a wide canopy bed with light blue silk sheets contouring her slight body.  Her long, ebony locks pooled around her head like a halo. Her eyes fluttered then opened revealing the most stunning sapphire blue iris's. She groaned and rubbed the sleep from her sleepy face. "Belinda! Get up, time to go to work!" Her mother banged on the bedroom door so hard the dry, rotted wood began to break under the brutal force. The girl jumped up from the bed immediately. The sun light revealed her body completely. She was small, almost sickeningly thin, she  was also tall with silky smooth hair that reached the middle of her back. Flickers of light played against her ebony skin, across her hairless legs, up her tight midsection and settled upon her small, firm breasts.

"Y-yes, mother!" Belinda said, fear was evident in her soft voice. She knew what would happen if she ever defied her mother. Belinda had seen the children who disobeyed her mother, they had been sold to Abraxas, Abraxas was his real name but usually he was called the candy man. He was a child molesting murderer and she knew it. She had seen some of his victims, they had been mutilated beyond recognition and he scared her so much. She would never disobey her mother for that primary reason. Belinda walked over to her jewelry covered, cherry wood vanity and pulled open two of the drawers, pulling out a long, red, dress she began to get ready for work. She said a silent prayer in her head; hoping that today would be a little easier.

Belinda walked down the crowded hallway, girls and boys around her age ran from room to room, the boys were carrying fancy, golden embroidered shirts and the girls zoomed by holding gorgeous bustier dresses, it made Belinda curious. She had never seen anything so fancy and pretty. It wasn't a usual sight in her home most of the clothes she had were secondhand or given to her by her older sister, Matilda. Matilda looked after Belinda, she even cleaned Belinda's wounds after work.  Belinda began to walk down the old, polished, ivory staircase and stopped mid stride when she saw her mother. The portly, old woman was not alone, beside her a man was seated in a throne like wooden chair. In front of him a line of girls stood poise and alert, dressed in short skirts and nothing else.

Belinda wasn't paying any attention to them, she was staring, transfixed, at the man. She knew who he was. Teddy or at least that's what he had told her to call him. He wasn't tall but he wasn't short either, he stood about three or four inches taller than Belinda and he was medium build. His jetblack hair was concealed by a gentleman's top hat, his yellow skin was bright with happiness and his slanted brown eyes held mirth. He was a nice man, always kind to everyone and never mistreated her. She understood now. The fancy dresses and pretty shirts, he had brought them. Afterall, Belinda reasoned with herself, he was rich. She wondered if he had gotten her anything. He had always brought her special treasures when he came to visit, he said it was because she was special.
She smiled down at him but he hadn't looked her way. She came down the stairs and took her place at the end of the line. She could feel his eyes on her now. Teddy drained the cognac from his glass, upon seeing Belinda he got from his chair and slowly maded his way down the line of fresh, beautiful, young woman.
"No." He said to the first girl, who Belinda only knew as Emma. "No. No. No." He said to the three girls standing across from Emma. "No. No. No. No. " He said as he got farther down the line , getting closer and closer to Belinda. Finally, he stood in front of her just staring down at her, watching, waiting for her to say something. His eyes bore into her soul and finally she smiled and hugged him. 'Hello, Girly. I'm so happy to see you."Teddy said happily. "W-What are you wearing?" He asked, staring at her blue, satin baby doll dress.

"Do you like it? My sister gave it to me." Belinda said, practically begging for approval. She put a cluster of corded beads in her mouth, looking angelically innocent. Teddy grinned at the girl and grabbed her hand. He handed Belinda's mother a large stack of paper money. "I'll take this one." He said and led her to a door on the other side of the room. Belinda had never been in that room before and she briefly wondered what it was used for before she was led inside and the door shut behind her.
© Copyright 2007 ~Noir Fleur~ (keanu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359545-A-girl-named-Despair-REVISED