*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359793-Moon-Whisper-Chapter-Two
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1359793
Continuation of Moon Whisper
Chapter Two

"Kylian, you see what happened? Our goblins...Destroyed!"
"I saw, Rose."
"But three humans just annihilated our goblin troops."
"I know, Rose."
"You can't be so calm about this, Kylian. Our plan is starting to fall-"
"Rose, shut the Hell up! Don't you think I already know what's going on?"
"Kylian, please calm down. We all know about the attack. But with this matter aside, we should plan on sending a counter-attack to Caran."
"No, Erin. We should keep an eye on this new threat of ours. No telling what these three humans can and will do in the future."
"But what about our attack on Laiqua? Is that still going according to plan?"
"Yes. But I am more curious about these three."
"Sir, incoming message from Captain Gorvak of the goblin squad near Caran."
"Thank you, Catherine. Go ahead, captain."
"Sir, as I am sure you heard, our forces were demolished by the Caran army."
"I am well aware of that."
"I am being held captive in the Caran dungeon after they interrogated me."
"This I already know, Captain."
"But I found out some handy piece of news that might sweeten this loss."
"And what is that?"
"The Noleveo' ghosts have been found."
"Hmm, that is interesting."
"And three of them have already reached Oira."
"How long ago?"
"No more than an hour ago."
"Interesting. Thank you, Captain. You will stay in that prison for your loss, but you have my sincere gratitude. Catherine, end transmission."
"Commander, wai-"
"This is getting complicated, Kylian."
"The ethereals are interfering with earthly matters. You must act now."
"Fine, Gabrielle. Have Lucy and her orcs go into the forest and wait further orders."

Zeke awoke in mid-afternoon, with the setting sun lowering past the mountains. His head was aching, trying to remember all the events that had transpired some time ago. He called for a guardsmen or someone nearby, but no one came.
As he was trying to stand up, his memory came zooming back, remembering more than the last few hours. He saw a large doorway, with a huge eye looking at Zeke, opening up. There he saw images and knowledge of all alchemy.
He came back out of his trance on his knees, breathing heavily. He felt like someone knocked the air out of him.
"Zeke? Zeke!" a voice cried out throughout the halls. Moments later, Joseph ran in, scared.
"Joseph, what's wrong?" Zeke asked as his brother hugged him, still shaking.
"I think something is wrong with me. I saw myself fighting a group of imps and obliterating them with one blow."
"But you haven't fought a group of imps."
"I know," Joseph said, now sounding more scared than before.
"At least I am not the only one seeing things,” Raine said walking in.
"You saw images too?"
"I saw myself with a long sword, slashing away at thousands of bugbears, who were attacking a castle. Not once did I get hurt from their attacks."
"All three of us have seen images not of our own. What is going on?"
"Sir," a guardsman called. "High Elder Carter is here to see you."
"Have him come back later. I'm not feeling well."
"He said that he has something to say about the images you saw."
All three turn to the man.
"What? How could he have known?"
"I don't know, sir. But he is waiting in the throne room as we speak and asked to see all three of you."
"Thank you, guard. We'll be there in a moment."
The three of them looked at each other with even more fear as they wondered about what they are about to be told.

The three young men walked into the foyer reluctantly. Their minds still racing by what they had seen a short while ago. The confusion overflowing inside their young heads.
They saw High Elder Carter sitting in a chair that was provided for visitors and townsfolk wanting to talk to Zeke.
"I welcome you to the castle, Elder," Zeke said in a formal voice.
"Please, no need for formalities. I'm only a guest. Call me Carter."
"What brings you here then, Carter?"
"I came to answer some much needed questions that you boys might have. Questions about the images you all have seen."
"How do you know that we had them?" Joseph asked.
"There is much I know about the events that have transpired."
"So why do we have these images in our heads?"
"The images you've seen are the memories, the knowledge, and the power of your ancestors, the Noleveo. Each one of you has come into contact with their ghosts."
"Each one of us has been given these haunting memories?" Joseph asked, sounding a little angry than afraid.
"Yes, and I am sorry that you have suffered. I intended to tell you after our meeting, but you became unconscious."
"I do appreciate you telling us now, rather than seeing us suffer for the rest of the night."
"I do feel that you should see what your ancestors have given you."
The three were a little hesitant at first, not knowing what to expect. But Raine moved first, pulling out his short sword. Instead of being a metal blade, there was a silver light shining where the blade was.
"Brilliant energy?" Raine asked.
"Yes. Back then, the Noleveo of the Warriors had mastered brilliant energy with all weapons."
Joseph was the second to move. With his great axe in his hands, he began swinging it around, carefully dodging those around him. A mighty wind came from each swing.
"The Noleveo of the Barbarians used his weapons to knock away oncoming forces and charging flanks."
Zeke was still unsure what to expect from the gifts given to him.
"Zeke, the Noleveo of Alchemy knew many things about alchemy. He taught many willing to be in far-off lands. He was the only one that I know to do transmutations without the use of a circle."
"Transmutations without a circle? It's not possible."
"He did, whether you think so or not. He was also the only one that survived seven human transmutations."
"Seven? He would have been killed."
"Not if he used an alchemic barrier."
"But human transmutations are forbidden to everyone. Alchemic law doesn't allow such heresy."
"Alright, but let me ask you one question. Did you see The Gate?"
Zeke froze still, envisioning the large gate opening up again.
"Those human transmutations, did those transmutations succeed?"
"No. And he knew why they didn't succeed."
"So he made homunculi, didn't he?"
"Yes, each one wondering world as we speak, deserting him the minute they were able to leave."
"What of the remains?"
"Given to a friend of mine."
Zeke put his hands together in a clapping motion and touch the marble floor below. In an instant, a statue of Zeke rose from the floor, showing off the finest craftsmanship anyone has ever seen.
"Whoa. I could never do that before."
"Like I said, you are the indyos of the Noleveo that you met. The time has come to know more about your fellow comrades.
"The High Elders of every village in Mardiosta have made contact with the other indyos. All but one, I'm afraid. We are not able to locate her."
"Who is she?" Raine asked.
"All we know is that she is a wizardess from Laiqua. According to her father, she is on pilgrimage and is expected home within the next week."
Zeke had a moment of recognition when the old man said Laiqua.
"Did you say Laiqua?" Zeke asked.
"Yes."
"Did her father say that she wears a lot of green?"
"Yes. He did mention that to the High Elder there."
"Zeke, do you know her?" Joseph asked.
"It's Lia, Councilor Naïlo's daughter."
"What? But she's not even of age yet," Raine exclaimed.
"I know it's her."
"How do you know it is her, Zeke? A lot of people in Laiqua wear green. It’s a natural camouflage for intruders."
"I just know it's her, guys."
"How do you know her, Zeke?"
"She was my closest friend when we lived in Laiqua. She lived down the road and we played all the time. When I was studying alchemy, I had showed her what I had learned and taught her how to do some."
"Sounds like you knew her well."
"I did. Before we left to live in Caran, I had offered her to come live with us. She refused and said that she had to study magic far away. She left the morning before we did."
"Such sad memories. Nevertheless, the indyos have been identified and are waiting to be contacted by you.”
"Do you know the locations of each one?"
"Yes. We have made a map of the general areas of each Noleveo. The High Elders in those regions have not yet called upon the Noleveo ghosts for their indyos."
"I find that hard to believe," Raine said.
"How so, Raine?" Carter asked.
"High Elder of Nar, Jeremiah Chickory, is an impatient man. When he sent me to Laiqua, the trip I met Zeke and Joseph, there was a strong hurricane. He insisted that I go during it, not caring for my safety. The council protested that I wait until it passed, but he insisted."
"So you think the indyos have come across their ghosts?"
"Not sure."
The room was silent for quite some time. The young men were trying to sink all the information in at this time, wondering what to do.
"One thing is troubling, Carter. Why do the Qualinosta want to attack Mardiosta?"
"That is a story that may enlighten this predicament."
The young men turned to listen again to the old man, waiting for answers.
"Before Mardiosta became known to the world, there was a beautiful forest called Hyelle. Many, at the time, used the forest as a sacred burial ground for holy figure and prominent political figures. The Oira gods themselves blessed the land, naming it a holy land for all. The people kept this place as peaceful as they can. But suddenly, something changed.
"A rebel faction from another continent came to the forest. They tore the trees down and defiled the graves of the dead. Led by a man named Kylian, the rebels raged war with Mardiosta.
"The gods were furious at these fools. They sent their strongest warrior to fight these intruders. By then, the rebels had gathered those who supported their actions, making an army of loyalists. Fearing the worse, the warrior found eleven of the strongest and wisest warriors on Mardiosta to fight."
"The Noleveo," Zeke commented.
"Correct. The battle lasted many days. Hundreds of loyalists died during the battle.
"In the end, the Noleveo claimed victory, capturing the ranking officials of the rebel faction. The warrior asked his masters what to do with the infidels. The God of Retribution came down in his earthly form and cursed the rebels. The curse transformed them into horrible devils and demons.
"The gods thanked the Noleveo and asked them to create a barrier around the forest, sealing the cursed and evil inside it. They did just that.
"The gods, still furious with the loss of their holy ground, drove the sealed forest into the ground. The earth around the forest rose up high from the ground and created a mountain barrier around the forest. They named the cursed land the Qualinosta and watched over the land."
"But the rebels' loyalists. Some of them escaped, right?" Joseph asked.
"Correct. Those who escaped were cursed with a weaker curse."
"The goblins that attacked us," Raine said.
"Yes. And the many others who plan to kill anyone who tries to stop the Qualinosta from succeeding in whatever they are trying to do."
"Well, there's just one thing we have to do. We have to find the other Noleveo and destroy the Qualinosta," Zeke said.
"But there is no telling what danger lie ahead of us."
"We'll be alright."
"I'm with you, Zeke," Joseph said, grabbing on his brother's shoulder. "Besides, Mom and Dad will be mad if you left me alone while you play hero."
"How about you, Raine?"
"I can't let my friends go alone. I'm in."
"Excellent," Carter said. "But you must hurry. Time is against you Noleveo."
"We'll prepare tonight and leave in the early morning."
"Excellent. I will take my leave then. And don't worry, Zeke. I will watch over the town for you."
"Thank you, High Elder."
The old man started to walk towards the door, the guardsman helping him to his house. The young men went up to their rooms and started to pack the necessary things they need. After hours of packing, they fell asleep, knowing this might be the last time they will see Caran again.

"So now they know what they must do."
"I'm surprised they volunteered to save the world. Many who know their destiny try to change it."
"These young men are special, Namna."
"I see that, Fallon. You're indyos really is like you."
"But no matter what happens, I want the Echuiver protecting them."
"Oira has a neutral stance on earthly matters, but yes. The Echuiver will protect them."
"Good. So where are the other Noleveo?"
"One is on their way to the three as we speak, while four are wandering around on their own."
"That's only eight."
"The other three are in their towns, waiting."
"Let's hope for their safety and that Ambar will lead them to peace."
© Copyright 2007 Phantom Space Man (zion_writer14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359793-Moon-Whisper-Chapter-Two