*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359913-Sleep-my-sweet
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1359913
This is just a snipit if a bigger project I am working on.
         Lizzy sits up straight in her bed with a loud gasp. Her hand scrambles around as she reaches for her cross. Grasping the cold metal in her hand, she tries to level her breathing. She closes her eyes and is still able to see the creature-like people of her nightmare.
         Before realizing it she moves the covers from her body and slides off her bed, placing her feet weakly on the floor. Her room is pitch black; no candles or the sun. It didn’t matter anyway, she knew where she was going; Gabriel’s room. She ran out of her room so quick that she left the heavy oak door swinging behind her.
         Her feet carry her fast down the hallway towards the large burned oak door. Once she is in front of it she opens the door quietly and slips inside. Since the 2 weeks that she has known Gabriel, when she had a nightmare, she ran o his room and crawled into bed with him.
         With the soft click of the door she maneuvers around his dresser and the pile of clean clothes over toward his bed. She reaches out for the blankets in the darkness and grips the edge of them. Lifting up the blankets she slides in under them and eases herself on the cold mattress. Lizzy lays the blankets on herself and gets comfortable. She is quiet so as not to disturb his sleep.
         He let out a groan despite her efforts, but he didn’t wake up. Gabriel has his back to her like he usually did when she crawled in. She lays her head on the cold mattress watching him sleep for a while. His strong back and arms are bare coming out of the blankets, his hair slightly messed up from twisting and turning in bed. Under his head are the two pillows he can’t sleep without. Lizzy admired him this way until her eys got too heavy for her to keep open.
         Gabriel turns over in his bed and feels something beside him. Opening his eyes slowly he sees that the cover have curved and are being pulled from him to the other side of the bed. With his eyes fully open, he sees Lizzy cuddled up in the blankets beside him. Sighing to himself, he reaches over to wake her up but stops when she opens her eyes.
         “Why much you always come into my room?” He takes his hand back from her shoulder as he looks at her with a slightly annoyed look on his face.
         Lizzy brushes some hair from her face as she replies,” I always feel safe when I’m beside you.”
         “Why don’t you crawl into Dominus’ bed at night?”
         With a shrug of her shoulder she closes her eyes. Lizzy wraps the blankets around her neck more, planning on going back to sleep.
         “If you plan on staying here, could you not hog the covers” There is a cold draft.”
         She twists her head gently into the mattress for a moment then Lizzy scoots herself closer to Gabriel and lets out a breath. “ There, better?” She looks up at him then.
         By how she looks new, Gabriel knew she is blushing. Even with the darkness of the room he could see her face perfectly and he just stares back calmly. He turns away from her, making his back face her, to hide some questionable doubt.
         Gabriel closes his eyes; he can almost feel Lizzy’s head laying against his shoulder blade. He knows that she is a distance from him still.
         Looking at his back again she sighs silently before she closes he eyes. She fell asleep soon after.
         He turns back around after she falls asleep. Gabriel watches her for awhile and secretly admires her. Lizzy’s arms are cradling her head against the mattress. Her hair fell gently in front of her face. Gabriel gently sweeps the hair back behind her shoulder. He keeps his eyes on her until he finally fell asleep.
© Copyright 2007 Elizabeth Rose (roseangel7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359913-Sleep-my-sweet