*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359961-Writer-Vs-Block--Ep-1-A-loss-of-words
Rated: E · Thesis · Comedy · #1359961
A writer does battle with the scourge of creativity known as Writer's Block.
The Writer is excited. An idea has just sprung into his head. Writer believes that this idea could become the next big book smash hit. However, he must do battle with an unlikely foe.

What ever will writer do?

Writer has just been blessed with an idea. His last novel was a flop, but Writer is sure that this new story will rock the literary world. Wasting no time, Writer heads to his desk flexes his fingers, and begins crafting the new story.

BUT...

Our poor writer is nervous! His last piece stunk! Everyone thought it was garbage. What if this new story is just as bad? Writer stares at the blank screen, worry tries to set in again but Writer's willpower is great! He WILL write this story!

Writer eagerly begins pouring his passion out onto the page. A rush of sheer determination washes over him as he clatters away at the keys. "YES!" he thinks, "This will be a bestseller! Pulitzer Prize, Here I come!"

Writer decides to take a break to look at what he's produced:


The...

WHAT! That's it! The is the only darned word I wrote!" Writer begins to panic; his inspiration seems to have left. "Where did my idea go? Why haven't I wrote but one bloody word?!"

Writer springs up from his desk and begins pacing back and forth, thoughts of the new story are rushing about in his head. He ponders; perhaps the tale should be a bone chilling horror tale, or maybe a gushy erotic romance, or a nail biting mystery. Heck, it could be anything, as long as it's more that just one word. Darn! Poor writer, he can't seem to write at all today.

Writer slumps back into his chair, assuring himself that he will at least write something, but nothing comes to him. He's hit a wall. He can't come up with but one meaningless word.
© Copyright 2007 A. C. McGuinness (andrecm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359961-Writer-Vs-Block--Ep-1-A-loss-of-words