*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359964-Coryells-Country-Store
Rated: E · Outline · Animal · #1359964
An online country store where you can purchase almost anything in the equine product line.
Coryell's Country Store's name came from Randy's grandmother's last name.  It was decided by both of us to use the name for our store. We have included our horse breeding business with the country store business. 
Please continue reading to know a little about our younger years as I tell you how we got to the point of where we are today:
R R Quarter Horse Ranch is located in the upper central part of Illinois on the far western side of the city of Elgin. It is approximately 45 miles northwest of downtown Chicago. The owner and operator of the ranch is Randy Liepitz. Randy has been buying, selling, breeding and showing (halter) American quarter horses for over 35 years. He was introduced to horses at the young age of 6 months when his grandfather put him on a saddled horse ready to take him on that first ride. Randy has enjoyed horses ever since.
Prior to the interest in quarter horses, Randy bred and showed the Appaloosa. Although there was a great interest with the appaloosa the interest has been greater with the American quarter horse.
I grew up in my childhood years in a small Northern New York town, Norfolk. Norfolk is between the St. Lawrence Seaway and the Adirondack Mountains along Route 56 between Massena and Potsdam. We had in my family 2 horses. Out of business school, in 1982, I moved to Illinois to be with 2 of my sisters. In 1999, I met my future husband Randy and with much excitement found Randy to also be a person that very much enjoyed horses. And so, I am here married to Randy and help with the caring of the horses. Every summer we bale approximately 1,500 bales of hay for the horses for the winter months.
Each year there is born on the ranch at least one foal. We watch the foal grow each day until we determine if it is to stay for breeding on the ranch or it moves on to another owner. It takes us between 6 and 8 months to make a determination. Foals however do not leave until at least 6 months. All must be weaned from the mother first.
We do pasture breeding as well as hand breeding and have good results with both types of breeding.
Currently on the ranch are 3 studs and 5 broodmares. We do have (1) stud and (3) mares For Sale or Trade.  Take the time and look at our page on Horses.
We are lifetime memebers with American Quarter Horse Association.  All of our horses are registered with the American Quarter Horse Association. 
We are still in the horse business. I have wanted for sometime to start a store that sell products based around what we enjoy doing everyday. That is why we started Coryell’s Online Country Store.  Starting out slow we have included: Saddles, Saddle Pads and Cowboy Hats. As our business grows we will be adding more products to our store. Please be patient as we strive to add new and better products on a continuous basis. If you do not find what you are looking for in our store, please feel free to check out the links page. This is a store for One-Stop shopping. There you will find ways to purchase: tack, boots, other western gear, equine wellness magazine, and much more. If you choose to stop by Coryell’s Country Store, we hope your visit will be a pleasant one and as always, come back soon. Visit: http://www.coryellscountrystore.com   

© Copyright 2007 Horse Lady (jazmine45 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1359964-Coryells-Country-Store