*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360051-Chapter-2The-Black-Cat-the-Black-Night
by Toast
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1360051
Secound chapter to the Reverie of Yore book Im writing...^^
Chapter 2
The Black Cat, the Black Night.
         It was now dark as Kristy made her way out of the Madison house.  She made her way out the gates passing a group of Trick-or-treaters whom were now knocking on her door.  The cold air was already starting to rip through her sweater with its vicious claws.  She made a right at the first intersection, this right led to a lonely road nestled in the many farming fields; the road was covered in freshly falling leafs, they crunched beneath her feet as if beckoning her nerves to shift.
Not even five minutes after Kristy started her little trip down the road, the sound of the leaves were no longer crunching only beneath her feet but someone, something else’s feet.  She came to an abrupt halt, twisting her whole body, leaves crunching in her wake; she was ready to face her attacker.  But nothing was there; she staggered backwards until hearing a high pitched hiss.  She swirled around and was greeted by the cat she had seen earlier.  She noticed a cloaked figure running the way she had just came.
“The cat must have scared it off.” Thought Kristy starting to run up the street; for she knew she was close to Angie’s house. She did not dare look back she knew she was too frightened to do so.  Until she thought “It was most likely just someone late to the festivities… yah that’s it.”
She hadn’t noticed but she had quit running and was now standing in the middle of a dirt road.  A whisper flooded her ear; “A witch can’t fool me.” She turned around, the man in a black robe was there; but before she could say something, she felt the coldness of his dagger enter her abdomen, the warmth of blood emerged around the dagger’s crystal tip. She could feel all her energy being pulled from her body; she felt as if death was near, as her eyes slowly drifted shut.
She opened her eyes; she was standing in the middle of a dirt road.
She reach behind her, grabbed the mans crystal poniard and stabbed him while saying in Latin and an almost non-clairvoyant tone “Sic semper tyrannis”
         The cloaked man threw out his hand, she noted the intricate carvings on his hand they were many things apart from normal; about to strangle Kristy, he burst into flames.  Kristy’s eyes widened, as her screams filled the air.  As the flames died out so did her screams; and the ashes were sucked into a black pentacle. “What the…?” Kristy thought; she fell to her knees in a dazed voice she thought out loud “what does he mean witch?... I…I can’t be? Impossible.”
         Kristy staggered up from the ground and continued to swagger down the winding dirt road for several minutes. She arrived at the McGowan’s house and stumbled through the seemingly soundless farm house.  She heard the rushing of feet to the door and the obvious sound of Angie’s voice before her eyes shut.
                                                 -----          
         Angie gazed at the golden clock in her large dinning room, it was now 10 P.M. and she was wondering where Kristy could be; yet, she faked a smile to not worry her fellow friends.  For there were no words only meditation, but for the first time Angie couldn’t clear her head; she couldn’t help but think something bad had happened. 
All of the sudden the house shook; everyone regained consciousness from the meditative state.  Questioning looks and glances passed from one person to the next in the red and gold dinning hall of the McGowan’s’ house as an unsettling aura filled the air as everyone in the room looked up to Angie with looks of horror and shock.
         At that moment, no one felt worse than Angie for she had sensed a large Psychic burst during the shake.  She now feared more than she had before for Kristy’s safety, for now Kristy has been put on demon’s radars and it was all her fault for talking her into it.
         The room remained quite for the next couple moments and all was still for the moment.  There was a loud crash out in the entrance hall. Angie ran there, greeted by Kristy somewhat mangled body, she left out an earth shattering screech.
         “Help me, get her to the living room!” said Angie lifting Kristy up off the floor, taking deep breathes in-between each word.  She carried her to the parlor where she sat her upon a lounge chair. 
         “Hurry! Get me a cool damp cloth.” said Angie, holding Kristy’s head in her arm. Tears began to plummet from Angie’s eyes as she gazed up the seemingly lifeless form of Kristy.
         As Angie began to wipe Kristy’s face clean, her eyes began to open.  Kristy started flailing her arms through the air as her position came more into view.  She asked Angie “When did I get here? What time is it? What…?” she was cut off.
         “Shh…” said Angie “Relax for a bit you look really banged up.”
         “You have no idea” looking at Angie with crazed eyes.
         “Do you want to talk about…” she was cut off.
         Kristy staggered to her feet she leaned against the brick fire place for support. “I could feel the pain, even though it was just a day dream I felt what happened.  I felt the crystal dagger just cut straight through me. I don’t want to feel that pain again…” she was going to continue but Angie’s mouth began to gape.
         “Are you saying you saw it before it happened?” she questioned.
         “Well… yah… Sort of but I changed what I saw, I grabbed the dagger before he could… he could…”
         “Before he could what Kristy?”
         “Before he could… Kill me.” Said Kristy looking up her eye’s looking bewildered.
         “Why would he want to kill you?”
         “He called me a witch… Angie… A witch…” said Kristy.
         “Kristy you said yourself your never heard craft!” said Angie looking slightly aghast.
         “I know Angie … Do you know, why did he try to kill me?”
         “The rest of you, me and Kristy need to talk; please leave?” They herded together and ran out the doors shutting them in their wake.  “I’ll be right back I am going to get us some tea.”
         The parlor was quant a picturesque country fireplace with a little stack of wood to its side; its mantle crowded with little bobbles and picture frames filled with old pictures and new, family and friends. The walls covered in a stucco-white paint gave a homely sense to the room.  There was a stain on the wall by the fireplace, most likely a “magic” mishap.
         The doors burst open, in walked Angie with a pot of tea.  “Ok now! Lets not beat around the bushes; the thing that was after you was a warlock.  Never seen one myself but in my mom’s old book of shadows it says that a dagger is most commonly used by a lower level warlock it’s easier for them to obtain a witch’s power…Is something wrong?”
         “I don’t know, Angie, even though I saw him blow up in flames…” she was cut off.
         “Wow! You have not only seen one but you’ve actually killed it too!?” Angie’s face lit up like a child in a candy store.
         “…Even though I saw what I saw and did what I did, it felt weird… I mean I spoke Latin”
         Angie’s jaw dropped “That’s a sign, it normally what shows a witch’s power is growing… I’ve not received that gift but it is rare… whoops it’s already 11:39 we better get up there and start setting up for the ritual”
         Kristy followed Angie up the stairs to the attic; the attic was filled with, what Kristy assumed to be magic artifacts. They had carvings galore pentacles and pentagrams, moons and moonbeams; that’s what surrounded them. In the center was a large alter people were already busily working on the alter.  There was excitement in everyone’s eyes, as if the fear just disappeared from our midst.
         “We’re almost done” said a blonde haired girl with small glasses.
         “Good” said Angie waving Kristy to sit among the already setting people. The clock read 11:46.  “Now all we need is time”



Author's Note:Ok now I had an Idea of makeing them go to a school should I ? or should I not? My original idea is no but I want your opinion !! Also feel free to crotique...^^
© Copyright 2007 Toast (mystics43 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360051-Chapter-2The-Black-Cat-the-Black-Night