*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360086-A-chance-to-know-Jesus
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Cards6
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1360086
What does it means to know Jesus, the walk with Him?
I often marvel at the many blessings that the Lord has given to me and my family. Sometimes the blessing come from out of the blue. When you are in God's word and you are living in His will; powerful things began to happen in our Lives. Many times I get questions from people who want to know how do you come to know the Spirit of the Lord? How does God give you more knowledge and understanding of His word? God is a gracious God. The holy spirit gives understanding of His word.

When we are not in the word and rarely pick up the Bible to read it, we find ourselves dazed and confused about the message and the content. We can't make heads or tales as what the writer is trying to say. We have no commitment to seeking the word, to learning the word or to comprehend it's meaning. As a result we do not know the message that the authors of the various books of the bible are conveying. God's message is magnificent in that it is clearly laced with wisdom, teaching and instruction, so much so that we cannot find this direction, any place else in our lives. That is why we should know God's word. There is the promise of understanding and a gift of grace waiting for you. That is why you should start reading the Bible today from Genesis through Revelation.

The greatest story of the Bible chronicles the Life of Jesus written about our Lord and Savior. It is a never ending, it is still unfolding and for believers; it is the ultimate road to salvation. This is the cornerstone of our Life in Christ and the grace of salvation that He freely gave us by dying on the cross on Calvary. That day, He made everything right for us, forever, for eternity. That's what I'm talking about; an ETERNAL MOMENT. When Jesus said the final words "It is Finished", He changed our world for eternity. Now that is a powerful statement !

Jesus was a scholar, very crafty and knowledgeable. Known as the Son Of Man, Jesus changed the face of all our lives even before we were born. I love the movie "The Passion of the Christ". It is a graphic portrayal of Jesus death; but it is also a triumph portrayal of the hope, promises and the gift of grace that Jesus Gave to us all by becoming our sin, so that we could have the opportunity for eternal life.

When God gives us more both physically and mentally, we are in the favor of the Lord. When Jesus performs his teaching ministry he would get extremely annoyed at those who put pomp circumstance and tradition ahead of seeking and understanding the Scriptures and living in the word. Jesus believed in the literal meaning of the word and it's teachings. He believed that the scriptures were our road map; our guide to the gifts and mysteries of the Kingdom of God. Knowing the word would ensure that you know the thinking and direction of God.

The grace of Jesus Christ is magnificent thing. We are all saved through the Grace of Jesus. This is something that we cannot earn. Something we cannot prepare for, but rather established by the free will of Christ who through His passion gave His life on Calvary so that we might have life and have life more abundantly, if we take the first step to salvation by asking and accepting Jesus into our lives. It provides for a powerful and positive existence.

With Jesus there is hope. there is satisfaction and as our faith grows so grows our strength and our service in the Lord. I often marvel at how far the Lord allowed me to come despite my circumstance. How far He allowed me to prosper in my soul and in my health given the extraordinary circumstances of life that we face, because we live in a fallen world. It is a gift; the ultimate gift that He would come to this earth in our image and give His life for us, so that we might overcome the evils of this world and have eternal life.

I John 2: 1 says. "I pray that you will prosper and be in health, just as you soul prospers." Which means that as we learn about the God's word, He will prosper us by sending the Holy Spirit to live in us and give us the gift of discernment of His word. Through that discernment not only do we receive physical healing, but spiritual and mental health that allows us to continue to face the challenges of this fallen world.

Many of us are faced with challenges on a daily basis. Perhaps you're a caregiver for a sick loved one. Perhaps you feel isolated and alone. But you're never alone. Jesus is always there ready to pull you up to comfort you in times of need. No we do not always know what will happen. Tomorrow is not promised to us on this earth. But eternal life is promised to us and we can get a glimpse of heaven on this earth by seeking the will of God diligently and knowing His Son and our Savior Jesus Christ intimately. You have been given free will; use it wisely to over come life challenges. Use it wisely to live above life circumstances.

Let face it you will have many, many challenges on this earth. Some will not be fair, you will lose friends and love ones. All us will someday leave this life, but we can have the ultimate existence right here; right now and the promise of an even better existence when we die by accepting Christ as Our Savior. That is a powerful and progressive thing. We must learn to understand it meaning and tarry to make things right with the Lord.

Are you willing to die without accepting the Lord as your Savior, because of some unfounded belief that someone related to you? Someone that's a product of this fallen world? It's your choice. But I believe that it is a better way available for you and it's the gift of grace of Salvation, that Jesus so freely gave to us by dying on Calvary. My message is not to try to prove to you that He exist. I already know that he does, but to extend to you the invitation to experience the magnificent love of Christ for your self. He is ready to accept you with open arms; take that first step and let Him into your life.

If you're ready for a new life in Christ pray this prayer;

Dear Lord Jesus, I come to You in Your blessed name knowing that You made the extreme sacrifice by dying on the cross on Calvary for our sins. You knew that we lived in a fallen world and You gave Your life for us and arose three days later and ascending into heaven and sit on the right hand of God The Father Almighty for our salvation. I know I am a sinner, I have sinned yesterday, today and will sin in the future. But I know that I want you as my Savior and the Guide of my Life. I ask that You forgive me of my sins, and accept me into Your Kingdom; not just here on earth, but to have eternal life. I ask for You Lord Jesus to Come into my life and live within me as I accept You as my Savior right here, right now. Thank You Lord Jesus for your gift of grace. In this I ask it in Your blessed name, I ask it all in Your Name Lord Jesus Amen.
© Copyright 2007 Cards6 (butch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360086-A-chance-to-know-Jesus