*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360355-Sour-Lemons
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #1360355
Sour Lemons, snobby, clique
I was hesitant to pursue it to say the least.  I was assured it would be all right.  We're all OK, we're easy going, no problems here. Very casual Baby.
Let's all get together and have some fun, get to know each other.

Slick smiles, slippery walls and selective laughter. One must know they are not in the league.  We pat you on the back for your efforts if we must, but you are not really here.  To the lions with you.

I'm going to make my mark damn it! You'll hear me, I swear you will. I dedicate myself to your cause. Fake smiles and idle chatter exude from my lips, I hate you all in my mind.  I'm here for a reason, not to be liked by you, but why don't you hear me? Am I not screaming loud enough?

If we must placate you,"Good job". Now will you shut up now and do us a favor?  We don't want to fix things, just congratulate each other, well everyone but you.  Who are you again?  We thought you were quiet, this isn't what we had in mind for you. What we say and what we mean are two very different things. Well that's for us to know. 

It's all about the greater good. My babies are proud and ignorant to their mother's plight. So it shall remain.  It is laughable now.  How far will it go, let's see how ridiculous this will become. I'm better than this, I know it. They are victims to their environment.  All lemons are sour, no matter how much sugar you mix with them.
© Copyright 2007 Connie Mulholland (constanza at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360355-Sour-Lemons