*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360365-My-novels
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1360365
"Vampire in Sensible Shoes" and "About Face: A Leather..." by Sasha Flynn, at Lulu.com.
                                                         
Vampire in Sensible Shoes, Synopsis:  Libby Chase, recently out of the closet, attempts a fresh start by leaving friends and family behind in California, moving across country to a small town in Florida.  For a little diversion, she decides to make a pit stop in New Orleans but runs into a  determined, lesbian vampire who has taken a great fancy to her.  After the encounter, Libby experiences a frightening transformation.  To her horror, the vampire pursues her to her new home, and Libby finds that no one will believe her!  If she had driven right on through, instead of taking the off ramp to the city of decadence, with its sinister inhabitants that formerly existed for her on pages of horror novels, she would be safe in her new home.

Despite her growing hysteria, Libby determinedly ventures out into the women’s community, on the very evening of her arrival.  She attends a lecture at a lesbian, social group and reaches out to a woman, who will prove to be a valuable ally in her growing fight to maintain her sanity.  Even though Libby has completed her trip and settled into her new home, she finds that her journey has just begun.  Disturbing, highly erotic interactions with her stalker and plots against her by unsavory characters, in her new community, besiege her life.  If it weren’t for the persistence of her new love, Sarah, Libby would be just another, cold case file at the local police department.

Libby could never have imagined the drastic transformation and what a fantastic
direction her life would take her.  It was just too far outside her mundane frame of reference.  If told before setting off on her great adventure across country that these fantastic things would take place, she would have scoffed at the outrageousness and thought it all a joke.  She would not have been able to comprehend the astounding events and sinister characters that would come to plague her new existence.  Coming to terms with her newly, emerging sexuality was hard enough, but having to fight off supernatural creatures and the treacherous people conspiring with them just might drive her insane, if not kill her outright!
     
As Libby goes through drastic changes, the country does so, as well.  She gets caught up in all of the tumult and turmoil on both a personal and a national scale.  The nations of the world, accepting and introducing a new species to the public, scramble to contain the violent protests and rioting in the streets.  Can Libby overcome the dangerous situations thrust upon her?  Will her high intelligence and resilience overcome almost insurmountable odds, or will her naiveté
© Copyright 2007 Sasha Flynn (sashaflynn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360365-My-novels