*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360652-Bobby
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Other · #1360652
Two guys battling their sexuality at a university in mississippi.
  It was a small, country town with the population no more than 550. It was the kind of town where if you went to the local Wal-mart on the outskirts of the inner square, you would run into everyone you knew.
  The inner square of the town is where you would find your antique shops, a small grocery store, and a couple of small dinners, but nothing to big. In the center of the square was a small park, no more than an acre, with sitting benchs and a couple of of bushes for decorations.
  Bobby Harold was acustom to this town in the delta of Mississippi. He attended the local high school, and would be graduating in a week. He was excitied to be leaving for college, but knew he would miss his home town and everyone residing there because he considered them all family since he had known everyone from birth.
  "Where are you going off to college?" said Mr. Smith, the milk man, as he delivered the milk early that Saturday morning.
  "I am going to the University of Mississippi in Oxford," exclaimed Bobby excitedly.
  Bobby thought everyone knew that he was already going to be attending "Ole Miss" because he was the only one in his town since Johnny Pickelson in 1976 to go off to a major university.
  "Well, we are all very proud of you," said Mr. Smith, "You know Old Man River's boy is going to take up the farm for his father because he is getting to old to keep it up."
  Bobby had heard the something about this at school, but it never crossed his mind.
  "Yeah, I heard something about that!" exclaimed Bobby.
  "Well, you go up there and do your best, and I will try to stop on by to see you off." said the milk man.
  Bobby said his goodbyes to Mr. Smith, and went back into his room to finish writing his journal that he had been in the second grade when his English teacher gave them an assignment to write each night about what your family does. Since then, Bobby had come fond of writing, and had been writing in it since that night.

  Dear Journal,

  It will be less than a week now, and I am nervous about leaving what I have come to know to go to something I have no idea what is in store for me.
  I recieved a letter today from "Ole Miss" and it seems that they know who my room mate is going to be. He is an international student from France, and is majoring in French and Russian. I believe his name is Alex Tuck.
  I do not mind about sharing a room with anyone, but what if he is not comftorable with sharing a room with me, or shall I say sharing a room with my sexuality. I have never told anyone my secret of like the same sex, and I do not think anyone has any idea, so maybe I can pull it off and he will never have to know!
  That is all for now. I will figure something out.

  With love,

      Bobby!

  Bobby laid his journal down on his night stand and headed out of the house to the local library to use the computer. The letter from "Ole Miss" hD given the email address to his new room mate. Bobby was going to email him to find out more about him.
© Copyright 2007 ElMaestro (elmaestro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360652-Bobby