*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1361154-Even-in-death-due-us-part
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Ghost · #1361154
He was murdered, and now the hunter was back. 2002
I watched her as she moved through the building. Each step she took my heart strained to reach out and pull her close to me. I knew I couldn’t though, she didn’t even know I was watching her. My heart ached to tell her I was still here, waiting, watching and longing to be with her again.

I watched as she opened a photo album and leafed through the pages slowly. At some pages she stopped. I saw a tear fall from eye. At some pages I saw a smile cross her face, as she looked upon the pages with such love and devotion that all I had felt was pain. Don’t get me wrong though, it wasn’t a bad pain to most. My heart felt a flutter just knowing that even a picture could still bring a smile to her face. She missed me that much was obvious to me. Lord how I missed her and longed to be able to hold her tightly in my arms and once again know everything would be all right.

I watched her move around the room that we called home. Every trace of my living presence was gone. After I left I watched as she collected all my belongings and threw them away. It became obvious to me at that point that she thought I just up and left her. She didn’t know that it was just out that front door I died. Gunned down in an act of violence that my murderer took some strange pride in. Buried deep in a sewer I knew my body was slowly being torn apart by the bugs and rats. She didn’t know that?. She just thought I left.

Didn’t she feel me? Couldn’t she feel that I was still here? Waiting and watching her, protecting what was rightfully mine. Not that I could be seen but I was still there for her and I had sworn I always would be. In life I promised her I would never leave her side. I promised forever. She thought I let her down, She thought I lied, but my baby had to understand that I would never do her wrong.

I watched her as she prepared for her date that night. That man who took my life and threw it away was taking her out, a fellow co-worker that for months stalked her because she was mine. She was so innocent, she did not know that this man was who took me away from her loving embrace and threw me into the darkness of a New World where only two lights shone. The light of her love and the other light, that pulled me closer to it each and every day.

The doorbell rang threw the hallway. She got up and answered the door slowly I watched as she invited him in, into our house, into our lives, god it wasn’t right. I screamed as she let him in. Couldn’t she see the permanent blood that stained his hands? He kissed her hello and I saw him smile as he looked around.

The monster was in my home and he was stalking his prey. I wanted to lunge out and rip him away from her. I screamed loudly but no one could hear me. I screamed, I cried, I pounded on the walls. No one heard me. If anyone did they would likely brush it off as there imagination. I wasn’t real anymore. I knew this couldn’t be an act of fate.

They sat over the table, drinking coffee slowly. The steam had risen above their heads as I saw him reach into his pocket and produce a small box. He slowly got on his knee and front of her opened the box. Inside a ring shone so bright like her eyes had once done. He asked her to marry him. To my surprise she laughed and looked at him deep in the face. My heart leapt in my chest, my anger cursed through my veins as I wanted to jump and kill this man who was trying to steal away my wife after he stole my life.

The man looked at her confused. She stood up and walked to the kitchen sink, hands shaking. I watched as drank down a tall glass of ice cold water and then spoke the words that made my heart cheer. She said ?No? with all her heart. That minute I knew she still loved me and had some faith I would be back to her side.

I saw an anger rise in the man's eyes as he stood up and walked to her. She moved away from him asking him to leave now please. The man pushed her against the wall and screamed some words that to my love did not make sense. I watched as almost in slow motion he reached into his breast pocket of his coat and pulled out a gleam of silver. It took all but a second to realize that in his hand he did hold the very same gun that he used to end my life.

I saw her fear as he pulled her near him and held the gun firmly to the temple called her head. I cried out for him to stop, that he already got me, to please don’t hurt her anymore then he already had. Like always it fell on deaf ears as I saw him Squeeze the trigger slowly. A loud explosion and it was over. I saw the crimson red of her blood fly out of the other side of her dark hair. The wall stained red now, I watched as he let her go and she slowly fell to the cold kitchen floor.

She stood beside me as we looked down at the body on the floor. The body that once had housed her spirit, The spirit that was now free to love and believe in me. She looked at me as I looked at her. The light in her eyes was back as she smiled at me and spoke, ?I always knew that you would never really leave me.?
© Copyright 2007 DoXx, The Renegade Monkey (pdoxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1361154-Even-in-death-due-us-part