*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1361994-MOMMAS-GIFT
Rated: E · Poetry · Inspirational · #1361994
A mother's love

      As I sit here and reflect on all the precious times with Momma, I can't help but smile.  When I came along Mom thought she was finished raising children.  Then Daddy died.  I can't imagine how scared she must have been knowing she still had me to raise.  If she was, I never saw it.  We were brought up to be a proud, compassionate, and tight knit family.  Regardless of our differences, it has always been "one for all and all for one."  Her love for us and faith in God could see us through anything.

      During her time here on earth she never realized how many lives she touched.  No matter the situation, when she smiled, before you knew it you were smiling too.  She could make complete strangers pour their hearts out like she was a long lost friend.  Her spirit burned so bright it was almost blinding.

      The morals and family values she taught me will be with me forever.  These are just a few of the gifts Momma gave me, and I'll give my son.  Her spirit will continue to live on in those who loved her, and her gift will be passed on for many generations.
   
© Copyright 2007 sunshine68 (sunshine68 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1361994-MOMMAS-GIFT