*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362507-Moon-Whisper--Chapter-Four
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1362507
Continuation of Moon Whipser
Chapter Four

“Commander, a group of seven has arrived, as you requested sir.”
“Excellent. Bring them in, 1st Lt. Ace.”
“When you asked for us, I assumed you lived in a decent shit hole, not a place like this.”
“It’s good to see all of you. I trust that the journey was decent?”
“Let’s just cut to the chase. Where is he?”
“Probably dead. I have one of my troops killing him as we speak.”
“Damn it. We were so close.”
“Sorry for taking the joy out of having the successor of the alchemist who created you killed.”
“Now we must walk aimlessly around this despicable continent.”
“You poor souls, I do show sympathy to those who share a common goal. How about I let you rest for the night?”
“We don’t need your sympathy, Kylian. Your rebellion against this continent won’t last.”
“I know that, which is why I am asking the soulless defecation of life to join me. I am sure further down the road, I will need your services.”
“Join you? Hmm, it does sound good to destroy the very society that shunned us from existence. You have a deal, Commander Kylian.”
“Excellent. Your task is to find the one who guards the other side. Make sure that no one is to come into contact with him.”
“What about the others with me?”
“I have other plans for them, eh…?”
“Call me Nam-Young Voung, sir.”

Zeke and Cora stood frightened as this woman rose from the ground. In her hands was a large sword made of fire. Soon, her body started to melt the skin on her flesh, revealing charred skin and multiple scars all over her body.
“Who are you, really?” Zeke asked, trying to regain his courage.
“I am Lucy, leader of those who are going to kill you.”
“You are not going to kill us. Not this day,” Cora exclaimed.
“That is where you are wrong. Those two are now my slaves. With that mark on their backs, you will never save them.”
The scarred woman let out a loud screech that shook the ground itself. Soon, the orcs that were chasing them came into the clearing, ready to fight.
“Cora, we cannot use any weapons, because she might use Raine and Joseph as shields. You have any ideas?” Zeke said.
“I could use my cloaking jutsu, but I don’t have enough chakra,” Cora responded.
“Do you have any herbs on you?”
“What for?”
“I think I can make a smokescreen.”
“Here, take what you need.” She handed him a small package with herbs in it.
“Cover me, alright?”
“You got it.”
He crouched down and combined the herbs with some liquids he had in his bag. Meanwhile, Cora started to fight the oncoming orcs.
“Cora, get ready,” Zeke said as smoke started to float into the air.
Soon, a cloud of smoke filled the clearing, making visibility impossible. The orcs and the demon started to cough loudly. When the smoke cleared, there was no sign of the other two.

“How long do you think we have before they come looking for us?” Cora asked, while covering their tracks.
“I don’t know. They may be already,” Zeke responded sulkily.
“Hey, we will get them back.”
“How? That mark forces them to be slaves for that demon.”
“The mark is none of our concern.”
Zeke looked at her almost questioningly.
“That mark is a temporary mark some use to command others. It’s like sutras, only dark and evil. Some of us ninja have used those marks to torture our enemies, not that my village did.”
“So when do they wear off, the effects?”
“Soon, but for now, let’s build up our defenses.”

Night had fallen upon the forest. Many of the woodland creatures have gone to sleep. And the orcs are continuously searching for two vermin to kill.
A person slowly creeps up to a tent, filled with two men and a woman. Not making a single noise, the person opens the tent, places their hand upon the female and shines a bright red light into her eyes. Startled, the female wakes up and sees a long stone spire coming right at her.
Screams now fill the air, as the forest is awakened in fright. The orcs turn around and run back to their leader’s tent, only to see that a mere half-elf has defeated their master.
“YoU MISerAbLe EarTHeR. HoW dare YoU KiLl OuR MasTeR.”
“I would run if I was you, or you will end up just like her,” a man’s voice spoke threateningly.
The orcs charged in rage towards the man. Suddenly, a large blade came at them and sliced them in half at the waist. The orcs lie dying on the ground of the forest.

“Joseph, wake up.”
“Zeke?”
“C’mon, Joseph. Wake up.”
“Zeke, is that you?”
“Oh, thank the gods. You’re awake.”
“What happened?”
“You were attacked by one of the Qualinosta’s demons. Luckily, we saved you before you were killed.”
“Really? Man, they must’ve hit me good. I feel sore all over,” Joseph said. “Hey, where did that one chick go?”
“That young woman? She found her band and left towards Aquai.”
“That’s cool. I’m going to lay down for a bit.”
“You do that.”

“So you won’t tell him about the demon’s control over him?” Raine asked.
“What’s there to tell? Besides, I don’t want him to feel angry that he couldn’t do anything then,” Zeke responded.
“These scars may not go away.”
“Mom will heal you two. Her medicine always healed weird scars.”
“Speaking of your mother, we must be getting near Laiqua by now.”
“Another two days walk from here. The main road is south of us, but we can still hit the eastern border of the city.”
“What about Cora?”
“She is welcome with us as along as she wishes.”
“You sound like an elder.”
“I am wise beyond belief, my friend."

After the four rested for a few hours, they continued to head towards the City of Laiqua. The long trek through the woods seems more difficult off the main road than it was on it. The path was constant blocked by numerous thorns and bushes that slowed the progress down a bit.
Taking breaks for meals and rest, they made their way to the main road, hoping that their path was much easier than their old one. But as they dredged on, they discovered that their path seemed like a maze of thorns, trees, and bushes.
“We’ll never find Laiqua now,” Cora complained.
“No, we’ll get there,” Joseph reassured her.
“I remember the test they made us do to even view the city from the border. It was exactly like this one, only the assassin vines got to you before you got to the border,” Zeke reminisced.
“There aren’t any here now, are there?”
“No, they got rid of them years ago, when too many travelers were killed.”
“That’s good.”
“Yeah. Keep up, you guys. We should reach the city’s border by nightfall.”

“Vassili, look. Food for you if you keep an eye on them, ok?”
“Anything for you, Dossie.”
“That’s a good boy. Make sure no one harms them, including you, you understand.”
“But I thought the commander wanted us to have fun, Dossie?”
“He does, but while I'm away with Reed, I need you to watch your prey. Besides, something is different from them.”
“Yes, Dossie.”

By nightfall, the group came to a guard’s station near the city’s border. Inside the station, several guards had fallen asleep just a little while ago.
“Darn. How are we going to get in now?” Cora whined.
“It’s okay. Shaji iar!”
The men awoke in a hurry and were startled by the loud noise.
“What the? What business do you have here, outsiders?”
“We grew up here. How can we be outsiders when we grew up in the same town as you lazy people,” Joseph said.
“Oh, Master Joseph! Master Ezekiel! I didn’t recognize you. The night must be playing tricks with my eyes.”
“It’s quite alright. Is our father nearby?” Zeke asked.
“I can summon him right away!”
“Please do. We need to rest for the night.”
The guardsman ran off into the city.
“Will be back before we fall asleep?” Raine asked sarcastically.
“Knowing him, he’s waking up Dad to bring him here.”
“Not necessarily, Zeke.”
“Dad!”
“It’s good to see you boys again. You are looking very tired indeed. And who’s your lady friend?”
“I’m Cora Highhill from the Nar village.”
“Pleasure to meet you, Miss Cora.”
“Dad, can we head home? We’ve been traveling for a few days and need to rest.”
“Of course. Guard, let these four entry into Laiqua with my permission.”
“Yes, Councilor Galanodel.”
The gates opened up to reveal a glowing city of green and emerald. The construction and the artistry of the buildings in the city were beautiful, infusing the trees and the earth in the designs. The streets were paved with beautiful flowers and marvelous topiaries.
They walked up to a decorated villa near the edge of the mountains. The gardens surrounding the house were filled with wild flowers and wonderful herbs.
“Thomas, I see you got the boys at the store as well.”
“Oh, honey. I forgot about the store. I was on my way there when the Xiloscient boy stopped me and dragged me to the south border.”
“Oh well. I guess we’ll manage with what we got.”
“Good to see you too, Mom,” Zeke said half-heartedly.
“Oh, I’m sorry, boys. My mind has something set in there and I ignore everything else.”
“That’s okay, Mom.”
The boys walked up and gave their mother a big hug.
“Raine, I see you are well.”
“My training regiment allows me to at my best throughout every obstacle.”
“That’s good to hear. And who’s this?”
“This is Cora. She is traveling with us for a while.”
“Good to meet you, Miss Cora.”
“Thank you, Miss Galanodel.”
“Oh, call me Elena. I hate formalities.”
“Well, let’s go in before we wake the neighbors, shall we?”
Everyone headed into the villa, staring at its beauty.

“Dossie, it’s him!”
“Who, Vassili?”
“The Creator!”
“What? You sure?”
“Yes, Dossie. I heard his name. Ezekiel Galanodel!”
“Damn it. I thought Kylian had taken care of him. No matter. We can’t be bothered by him now. Keep watching him, Vassili. And if anyone touches him, destroy them, got it?”
“But Voung’s orders?”
“You let me handle Voung. Besides, he might want this bit of information.”
“Dossie, Prideaux is waiting for you at the Tower of Núru.”
“Understood, Chistholm.”
“Dossie, did I do something bad?”
“No, Vassili. You did good.”

“Rith, I sense danger awaiting the Noleveo.”
“Homunculi, I know.”
“What are you going to do about it?”
“Keep an eye on them for now. But that’s not bothering me.”
“What is it?
“I’ve been watching Laiqua for a while and there has been unusual activity going on in the council.”
“You think that there is someone plotting against Laiqua?”
“Don’t know. Let me go down and keep an eye on things.”
“Be careful of those homunculi when you go.”
“Understood, Enyalie.”
“Take Namna with you, just in case.”
© Copyright 2007 Phantom Space Man (zion_writer14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362507-Moon-Whisper--Chapter-Four