*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362519-Moon-Whisper--Chapter-Ten
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1362519
Continuation of Moon Whisper More @ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/moon_whisper_and_malaes/
Chapter Ten

"It's been confirmed, Commander Kylian. Cain and Abel are both dead."
"It is as we fear. Nothing can stop the Noleveo."
"All hope is lost, thanks to you, Kylian. We could have been successful if you'd let us attack Oira."
"He's right. We could have taken the pherainu on and beaten them by now."
"Will you listen to yourselves? What makes you think we can even exit the barrier, let alone cross into their plane? So what if the Noleveo continue to beat us? We have thousands of troops ready to fight."
"But what about the Seven? What use are they to use, now the Noleveo have gotten stronger?"
"It's because the Noleveo have grown stronger that we need the Seven. And the Giants."
"You're bringing them here to us? Giants are unreliable when it comes to battle, let alone simple tasks."
"We have fewer allies than before and the Giants are loyal friends when it comes to respect."
"But what about the Noleveo? We need to stop them before they reach The Gate."
"I think we need to send one of us to handle this job."
"You have any ideas on how to escape the barrier, Sergeant Major?"
"I know where the barrier is weakest. A select number of troops and I can cross without harm."
"And how do you know about this?"
"Because we showed her."
"Voung. Nice of you to join us. So if you knew about this, Rose, then why not tell me?"
"Because the power at that point is still strong enough to repel strong demonic power, like yours sir. So I had Catherine come through once or twice and it didn't repel her."
"Interesting. Alright, you may go. Take Catherine with you. You know how much of a Hellcat she can be."

The day seemed to pass before the six young adults’ very eyes. The sun was setting into the west and they haven’t reached a safe haven to camp for the night. The traveling had become more problematic with the excess of adventurers. And tensions grew as the six fought about the safest route through the forest.
“I have had it with this,” Cora shouted. “We need a clear cut way out of this forsaken forest before I cut someone’s head off!”
“Relax, Cora,” Joseph said, trying to calm her down. “Thiniarl is not that far from where we are. That is where we will rest for the night.”
“Let’s hope so,” Raine commented. “More of this bickering and I would cut someone’s head off.”
“How much further do you think, Zeke?” James asked.
“Not too much further,” Zeke answered. “Thiniarl is not that hidden, unlike Laiqua, which is under constant camouflage.”
“We should hurry before nightfall,” Lia said to the group. “You never know what creature is after us now.”
The six of them continued to march towards the city of Thiniarl, wondering when the next attack might happen and who might appear before them. Kicking aside the dirt and leaves, they trekked through the cold forest that seemed to surround them. Many of the woodland animals were hiding in fear as the six walked past the notable spots that they frolicked in.
Out of nowhere, a strong rainstorm came about and the six were trapped inside it, getting wet with the falling rain. The trees offered no protection as the ground was now getting dampened from the precipitation.
“We need to get out of this storm!” Lia shouted. The rain made normal hearing difficult as the six continued.
“Thiniarl is right around this next bend!” Zeke shouted back his reply. “We’ll be there momentarily.”
They walked through the mud now as the storm continued to get worse. Stopped only a few times to get their friends out who were stuck in the mud, the six young adults reached Thiniarl’s gates.
“Vel'uss gos gaer? Ph' dos abbil xor mua? (Who goes there? Are you friend or foe?” one of the guards shouted from the high tower.
“They speak Drow? I thought Thiniarl was from the wood elves,” Zeke pondered.”
“I guess not. But we must reply or he might get suspicious,” Raine replied.
“Udos ph' wun ragarrl d' fol k'lar dal l' maral. Udos hass'l nau jivviim ulu l' che'el xor ulu dos (We are in search of some place out of the storm. We mean no harm to the city or to you.) ,” Lia shouted to the man.
In moments, the gates opened for the six. Inside were many wood elves running franticly through the streets. Carrying baskets of laundry and fresh food from the market, the citizens scurried to stay dry as the rain came falling down.
“Let’s get to the inn. We can rent a room for the night.”

The six entered the pub below the inn and sat at one of the large tables in the back. The man in charge came and took everyone’s orders and left in a hurr
“Looks like this rain is going to slow us down a bit,” Joseph said.
“Yeah, but we need to try and get to Malen as soon as possible,” Zeke replied.
“I know that we better move fast to avoid an attack,” Cora commented, “but shouldn’t we slow down. It’s bad enough to be caught in a storm, but to be dragged through the forest when we are tired? It’s rough, Zeke. We need a break.”
“I rather not risk an attack to anyone until we reach Culunia.”
“I’m sorry, but I could not help but overhear your conversation. Are you all going to Culunia?” someone said as she walked up to their table.
“Yes, we are. But who are you?” Raine asked.
“Oh, forgive me. My manners can get away from me sometimes. I am Lustig. Dossie Lustig and this is my partner Laimorgos,” she said, pointing to her fat friend at her side. “We are on our way to Culunia ourselves and we thought we might give you a ride to Malen.”
“Sounds helpful. But we are being tracked down by some evil people,” Joseph added.
“Dear me, you aren’t wanted fugitives, are you?” Lustig asked.
“Nothing like that. It’s just someone out there wants us dead before get close to them,” Zeke reassured her.
“Oh, my. Well, it sounds like you all need to get there and fast. How about it? Will you accept my offer?”
The six looked at each other, the majority looked happy to find this person.
“Alright, but we leave in the morning. But until then, we will rest here.”
“Excellent. Meet us at the north city gate at sunup. Don’t be late.”

Anxiously waiting for their ride to Malen, the six stood around the north gate stables of Thiniarl. Their bodies didn’t really get their recommended amount of sleep they are used to, but they didn’t want to keep their escort waiting.
“I hope they come soon,” Cora said. “We could be sleeping if they never came along.”
“I want to trust them,” Zeke started to comment, “but I can’t shake the feeling that we are in danger.”
“I know how you feel. Something about her story last night sent my jutsu into a frenzy,” Cora replied.
“You think she might be one of the rauco from Qualinosta?” Joseph asked.
“I doubt it, but let’s keep an eye on her.”
“Yoo-hoo! Over here!”
They all turned and saw Lustig and Laimorgos coming up the street with a covered wagon being pulled by four horses.
“How did you afford those? We couldn’t get horses when we went over this morning,” James wondered.
“You can say it was a steal,” Lustig answered him.

They traveled along the dirt roads leading out of the forest region of Eryn, leaving behind the doubts and fears of what may be in there. They traveled to a small city between Thiniarl and Malen called Go'h. There, they stocked up on supplies and to rest the horses.
They left at around noon, with hopes that they will reach Malen before nightfall. They stopped only once to eat a light meal.
“So what business do you two have at Culunia?” Joseph asked as they all shared a bite to eat.
“We are meeting with our friends who are waiting for us near the Dwarven Training Grounds,” she replied.
“How come you two got separated?” Lia asked next.
“They had to stop at the temple near the mountains and we said we would meet them at Culunia.”
“So what are you guys, anyways?” Raine questioned.
“We are businessmen, selling our products in the Eryn and Ettelen regions.”
“What are you selling?”
“Potent potions, ranging from hair-growth to body modifications.”
“Wow. You have a potion that changes how the body looks?” James asked.
“Yes, would you like to see?”
The group seemed to be really anxious to see the potion at work. Lustig went through her things and found the potion. She tossed it to Laimorgos and he opened the bottle.
“What would you like to see changed on me?” he asked. “And it has to be noticeable.”
“Oh, change your size. Be really skinny!” Joseph responded.
“And me?” Lustig asked.
“Turn into an old woman.”
The two took turns drinking from the bottle. Within seconds, you can actually see how old Lustig has gotten, her face wrinkled like a raisin and how much weight Laimorgos lost, as thin as a lamppost.
“That’s amazing,” the group said, amazed at the changes.
“How did you do that?” asked Zeke. “I have been working on potions like that myself, but never perfected the chemical structure.”
“Years of practice. I was once a renowned herbalist working for my mentor. He taught me many things about potions and new ways to use them. I wanted to give back the gift I was taught to the world. So my friends and I set out to sell our secrets to everyone.”
“That’s really cool.”
“Thanks. Now, we’ve wasted enough time with this. We should get going.”
The six started to pack up what things they had out when Cora pulled Zeke and Raine aside.
“I definitely do not trust those two. Everything she just said was a lie.”
“So what do we do?” Zeke asked.
“Better just play it cool until we reach Malen. The sooner we get there, the better,” Raine replied.

It was a few minutes past nightfall when the group reached the Malen gates.
“I am afraid we must split up here. Culunia is easy to reach during the night and we are anxious to see our friends.”
“I understand. Safe journey to you both.”
With that the two left towards the dwarven city of Culunia. The six headed into the city and to a nearby inn, hoping that they too can reach Culunia as soon as possible.

“They reached Malen in one piece.”
“Yes, but they did not expect their rides to be anyone dangerous.”
“What plans do you think the Seven are up to?”
“I do not know, but let’s hope they will be on their guard.”
“Lord Echuiver, we received word that Lily has reached the mountain chapel of Ninque. A holy man has taken her in and has raised her back to health. She doesn’t remember a thing.”
“And let it remain that way until she is ready.”
“Now let us prepare for something none of us have seen since days of yore.”
“You got a vision? Of battle?”
“Do not speak of it aloud, but yes. I sense someone will come to us with great evil flowing through his veins.”
“Let them come.”
© Copyright 2007 Phantom Space Man (zion_writer14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362519-Moon-Whisper--Chapter-Ten