*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362745-
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1362745
theres a new baby in the house
It’s July 23, 1986 and the Colon family are getting ready for dinner. Mrs. Colon, who is nine months pregnant, comes into the kitchen and tries sitting down at the table. Mr. Colon comes in and sees her struggling to sit down. So, he walks up to her and helps her sit down. “There you go, honey. You feel better?” said Mr. Colon pushing the chair in. Mrs. Colon smiles and replies,” I feel okay, thank you sweetie.”
Josaline, who is an eight year old, light brown straight hair, with dark gray eyes, walk into the kitchen followed by her five year old twin brothers, Jason and Justin. They come in and sit at the table and eat dinner. Suddenly, a few minutes later Josaline sees her mother’s eyes widen and hold her stomach. “What’s wrong mom?” asks Josaline. Mrs. Colon said,” I think it’s time.”
Mr. Colon gets up from his chair. “Wait here, I’ll get our things.”
Mr. Colon goes into the living room and comes back with a bag. Then he looks at Josaline and says,” Josaline. Go to Ms. Diaz’s house and tell her that I’m taking your mother to the emergency. Okay?”
“Okay. Come on, guys,” said Josaline taking Jason and Justin’s hands. Josaline takes the twins to Mrs. Diaz’s house while Mr. Colon drives Mrs. Colon to the hospital. After three days of waiting to hear the good news the phone rang. Ms. Diaz goes to the kitchen and picks it up. “Hello,” she answers. “Yes. Okay, I’ll tell them. Okay. Congratulate Janet for me, okay? Okay, bye.”
Ms. Diaz hangs up the phone and goes to the living room where the children are. “ Your father called and said you can come home now,” said Ms. Diaz. Josaline jumped up from the sofa and said,” Did she have a girl or a boy?”
“That’s for you to figure out once you get home,” said Ms. Diaz smiling. Josaline took the twins and ran all the way home. Once they got home, they saw their mother holding a baby. Josaline and the twins just smiled and said,” Wow, she beautiful.”
“What’s her name?” asked Jason. Mrs. Colon replied,” Her name is Jazmin Joanna Colon. Say hello to her.”
“Hello, Jazmin. I’m your big brother. I’m going to teach you a lot of things. Right Justin?” said Jason holding baby Jazmin’s little fingers. Justin replied,” Yeah, because we are your big brothers now.”
Josaline and the twins just smiled; glad they had a new baby sister.
© Copyright 2007 WriterJay89 (jvgurl89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362745-