*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362756-Chapter-5--Separated
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1362756
brothers and sisters get seperated.
Since the children didn’t have money for Mrs. Colon’s funeral the government found out about their problem. So they helped them by letting them have the funeral for free and that they didn’t need to pay for having a funeral done for their mother. Since, the social workers didn’t know where their father was and why he didn’t come to the funeral they decided that Josaline, Jason, Justin, and Jazmin had to be put into orphanage. So they were separated and put to different orphanages. When the kids heard that they were going to be put to orphanage they were mad and sad.
Mr. Colon who lived in California didn’t come to the funeral. When he found out about the death of his ex-wife he felt so guilty and ashamed that he decided not to go to the funeral. Josaline was mad at her father. In her mind she thought that her father didn’t love her or her two brothers and sister and anymore. So she decided that she didn’t want to hear or talk about him anymore.
Josaline asked the Social workers if they could stay in their mothers house and that she would take the responsibility to take car of her brothers and sister. But since Josaline was only sixteen years old she was too young to take care of them. Josaline begged and begged but the Social Workers refused. Josaline was madder than ever. Josaline didn’t want to be separated she anted to stay with her brothers and sister.
“Please, don’t separate us,” begged Josaline getting into the van with her brothers and sister. The Social Worker shook his head and said,” Sorry, boss’s orders.”
Josaline looked at her siblings and let a tear come out of her eye. Jazmin looked at Josaline and said,” I don’t want to go. I want to stay with you Josaline. Please don’t let them take us away from each other, Please.”
“I’m sorry Jazmin. But theirs nothing I can do. If only I were eighteen, then maybe they’d let me take care of you guys. But, I don’t know what to do,” explained Josaline. Jazmin cried and hugged Josaline. Jason and Justin hugged Josaline and Jazmin too.
The social workers took Josaline first and another social worker was waiting for her. He as going to take her to the orphanage in Chicago. Jason had gotten sent to Washington, Justin got sent to Virginia, and Jazmin got sent to the orphanage in New York. Jazmin was last to go. Jazmin didn’t want to separated from her siblings.
She wanted to go home, but there was nothing that Jazmin could do now. Once Jazmin got to the orphanage the social worker took Jazmin to the main office where she saw a lady with red hair and blue glasses typing on the computer. “We have a new one, Frances,” he said ringing the bell.
Frances spun around in her seat and looked at Jazmin and said, “And what is your name young lady?”
“Jazmin,” she said in a low voice. Frances smiled and said, ”Hello Jazmin. My name is Francesca but everyone calls me Frances. And how old are you?”
Jazmin put six fingers up. Frances smiled again. “Bring her to Room 3, please. I will be right with Jazmin,” said Frances smiling. The man took Jazmin into a big room with a lot of beds. Jazmin saw that next to the beds were small chests with 3 drawers. She also saw that the beds were neat and decorated.
Jazmin wondered why there weren’t any kids there. The man took out a magazine and asks Jazmin to pick a blanket for her bed. Jazmin picked a red one with frog face on it. Jazmin liked that she got pick her own decoration for her bed. She sat on her bed and waited until the guy came back with the blanket in a bag with pillows in his hands.
The man gave her the bag and the pillows and left. Jazmin made her new bed and decorated it by putting all her stuffed animals on it. She took two pictures. One of her mother and one of her brothers and sister. Jazmin stared at it and put it slowly on the the chest of drawers still looking at it. Jazmin thought that she would never see her brothers and sisters again. A few minutes later Frances came to the room and came towards Jazmin. “I see you decorated your bed. It looks perfect. If your wondering why you’re the only one here is because everyone else is in the auditorium. Come with me. I’ll take you there.”
Frances smiled and took Jazmin’s hand. Jazmin look at Frances and smiled back taking Frances hands. Frances took her to a big room filled with noisy and talking kids. Frances told Jazmin to sit in the seat in the front. Then Frances went to the front and took the microphone.
“Ok, settle down. Settle down. Can I have your attention please? I have announcements today. The arcade room would be out of order until Friday,” she explained. The kids in the audience all went,” Aww.” And started to all talk.
“I know you are all upset. But that’s the way things are. We’re having the room renovated until Friday. Once the construction workers are finished then I will announce it on Friday. But until then, you all will have to wait. My next announcement is that we will like to congratulate Kristy Collin for winning the championship track race yesterday. Let’s give a big hand clap for Kristy,” explained Frances. Kristy stood up and everyone gave a loud cheer and hand clap.
“Also I didn’t have time to call out the names of those who’s birthday is today so later in the evening I will announce the names in the loud speaker and they will meat me in the Birthday Room. Jojo if your listening please do not sneak in or else when it is your birthday you won’t get any pizza,” she explained again.
Everyone laughed and turned to Jojo. Jojo snickered and sank to his seat. “ I will also like to all to give a big welcome hand clap to our newest member Jazmin Colon who is six years old. Stand up Jazmin.”
Jazmin stood up and turned slowly and smiled. Everyone stood up and cheered and clapped loudly. Jazmin felt a warm welcome and started to feel happy. Then once the announcements were over all the kids went back to there rooms. Frances held Jazmin’s hand and walked her to her bed where there was a bald girl reading a book next to her bed.
Once the girl saw Jazmin she put her book down, stood up, and smiled. Frances smiled at the girl and said,” Jazmin this is your new partner Destiny. Destiny this is Jazmin. I want you anytime you want to maybe show her around the orphanage so she can know where things are.”
“Hi,” said Destiny. Jazmin smiled back and said, “Hi.”
Then Destiny took Jazmin’s hand and showed her around the orphanage. Then at night it was time for bed. Jazmin saw that everyone was kneeling. So she tapped Destiny on her shoulders and asked,” What is everyone doing?”
“We’re praying,” replied Destiny. Jazmin asked, “What’s praying?”
“It’s when you thank God for the day and tell him about your day. Talk to him like he’s your friend. And to ask him for something that you really want. But you have to have faith,” explained Destiny. Jazmin asked, “What’s faith?”
“It’s something that when you want something you have to believe that your going to get it,” Destiny explained. Jazmin nodded her head and kneeled down by her be like the rest of them and prayed.
© Copyright 2007 WriterJay89 (jvgurl89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362756-Chapter-5--Separated