*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362759-Chapter-6--Friends-Forever
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1362759
friends forever n until death
Jazmin who is now eight years old is sitting in the grass with her friend Destiney who is nine now. “Today is a really sunny day,” said Destiney looking at the sky. Jazmin looked up an said,” Yeah, there’s not a cloud in the sky. Especially, on your birthday. Your lucky.”
“Yeah, I guess so,” nodded Destiney. Jazmin took a sip of water from her water bottle. Destiney looked at her and said,” You drink too much water.”
“I know, but I love water. When I have kids I’m going to teach them to drink water everyday,” Jazmin replied. Destiney smiled and said,” I was thinking about how many kids I wanted. I came up to four boys.”
“Four boys!” exclaimed Jazmin. Destiney laughed and said,” Yeah but, not right away. But when I get married and become a doctor. I want to have a regular family.”
“That will take too long,” said Jazmin. Destiney nodded and said,” I know, but it’s worth it.”
“Wow, your life will be perfect,” said Jazmin. Destiney asked,” Yeah, I hope so. What about you? Don’t you want kids?”
“Yeah, I guess. But I want twins. A boy and a girl,” replied Jazmin. Destiney said,” But let’s live close to each other so that your kids and my kids will be friends. Then both of our lives will be perfect.”
”Yeah, perfect,” Jazmin nodded and said. Destiney coughed twice and took a sip of water. Jazmin looked ate her worried and said,” Well, we better be going inside. It’s getting kind of chilly.”
“Yeah, let’s go,” said Destiney getting up. Jazmin took her water bottle and put it in her jacket pocket and both of the girls went inside and got some rest.
Two weeks later, Destiney’s condition got worse, and she had to stay in bed. The director Frances wouldn’t let Jazmin see her because Destiney was pale and she didn’t want Jazmin to see her that way, so she wouldn’t get worried. Then Destiney was sent to the hospital that was near by for children’s who had sickness or were getting surgery. Jazmin was getting worried a lot because she couldn’t be able to see Destiney. Both girls always spent time together.
Jazmin was feeling left out without her friend. Jazmin already new that Jazmin was vomiting a lot because she heard one of the counselors and Ms. Frances talking about it. “She’ll be in the hospital for a couple of days,” Jazmin heard Frances say. Destiney was getting weaker and weaker day by day. She was getting fluid that was in a plastic bag that was attached to a long tube connected to a needle that was in Destiney’s wrist.
Jazmin was feeling worried and scared about her friend because when Jazmin first got to the orphanage Destiney told her all about her mother. She told her how she died of cancer when Destiney was just a baby. That got to Jazmin and she got really scared that Destiney will die too. But, then when she figured what she was thinking and she started thinking about something positive. Then she got tired of not seeing her friend so she asked Frances if she could go visit Destiney who was at the hospital.
When Frances agreed to take her Jazmin was really happy. Once Jazmin and Frances and some other of Destiney’s friends came to the hospital they had to sign there name in a paper because they were visitor’s and they needed to sign to see someone. Then the a lady gave them a name tag to put on there shirts. Then they had to stay in a waiting room and wait until someone let them in.
Finally, Frances, Jazmin, and the rest of the group got to go into the room to see Destiney. Jazmin saw Destiney and the room she was in. It was a small room with the walls decorated with Mickey and Minnie mouse stickers. Destiney was sitting up in an electric hospital bed. When Jazmin and Destiney stared at each other they both smiled and said,” Hi.”
Next to the bed was a table with a small bowl of Jell-O, a plate of mash potatoes with chicken, and a cup of orange juice. Destiney’s face was a little pale and her lips were dried up. But to Jazmin she looked alright. Jazmin asked, “How are you feeling, Destiney?”
“I’m feeling okay. My stomach hurts a little because I didn’t feel like eating yesterday. Every food I eat taste nasty,” said Destiney. Jazmin smiled and said, “I hope you feel better soon before my birthday. Even if it is going to be my birthday I’m going to give you a present instead.”
“I can’t wait for your birthday. We can go outside and sit in the grass and talk like we did on my birthday. It was great. I hope I get better soon because thus hospital smells like hospital,” said Destiney smiling. Jazmin laughed a little and said, “Because it is a hospital.”
Jazmin and some of the other kids talked a lot to Destiney and they had a great time talking and telling jokes. Then it was time to go because Destiney had to take and X-Ray of her stomach. That is where the cancer was in. Jazmin felt sad that she had to leave the hospital. She just wanted to stay and sleep in the hospital and stay with Destiney so that she didn’t have to feel lonely.
Some days Frances will take Jazmin and some other kids to visit Destiney and some days she wouldn’t. Jazmin hadn’t seen Destiney for three weeks because the doctors told Frances not to visit her anymore. Jazmin was really mad when she heard that and she got really worried. She was worried because she heard Frances and one of the counselors again talking. They said that Destiney was getting worse and that the doctors think that she wasn’t going to make it. When Jazmin heard that she got mad and ran to her bed and just cried all day.
One of Destiney’s friend Leila comfort her. Leila was the only one who was comforting her ever since Destiney got to the hospital. Jazmin was starting to like her a lot has a friend. Once again Jazmin got to see Destiney again at the hospital. This time she didn’t look too good. Jazmin only went with Frances because Destiney wanted to see her. “Hi, Jazmin,” said Destiney in a low weak voice. Jazmin replied, “Hi.”
“Mr. Pig said I might not get better if I don’t eat,” said Destiney. Frances corrected Destiney, “It’s Mr. Pugh, Destiney.”
“Oh yeah, him,” Destiney said trying to smile. Jazmin said putting a worried face and said, “Then you have to eat Destiney, so you can get better and go back to the orphanage. And everything will be better.”
“It’s no use Jazmin. My mom died and so am I. It’s the truth,” explained Destiney. Frances looked at her confused, “What are you talking about, Destiney.”
“Well, I heard the nurses talking while was sleeping. Well, I wasn’t exactly sleeping. My eyes were just closed. And then I heard them say, ‘Poor little one, I heard she wasn’t going to make it. But we won’t say anything to her because she might get scared.’ That’s what I heard them say,” Destiney explained. Jazmin then asked, “But aren’t you scared?”
“At first, I was scared but then I thought about it, and I’m not scared anymore. I’m going to die anyway,” said Destiney giving a little cough. Jazmin looked at her like she was crazy and said, “ But, why do you? What about what you said on your birthday? What about your dream?”
“My dreams don’t matter, Jazmin. What matters is that I’m going to die. I don’t want to, but, everyone dies someday,” explained Destiney. Jazmin looked at Frances and asked, “Frances? Are you going to let her talk like that?”
“I’m sorry, Jazmin. But, if she is ok with dieing then that’s with her. I can’t stop her. I’m sorry,” said Frances. Jazmin then looked at Destiney and said, “ Destiney, but I thought you said that we will be friends forever?”
“I know, but we still can,” said Destiney. Jazmin looked at her and said, “But, how? How if your not going to be here anymore?”
“I am going to be here. I’m still going to be your best friend. But it’s not in the mind, Jazmin. It’s here. Right here. Don’t worry, Jazmin everything will be all right. I’m going to a better place,” explained Destiney pointing to her chest. Frances smiled. After Jazmin and Destiney had that long conversation Frances took Jazmin back to the orphanage. Jazmin went to her bed and sat down. She didn’t want Destiney to die. She didn’t want to lose her.
Destiney died the day after Christmas. To Jazmin it was like the worst Christmas ever because every Christmas Jazmin and Destiney always spend time together and had a lot of fun. But, that Christmas Jazmin wasn’t having any fun at all. Destiney had been in a coma for four weeks and Jazmin hasn’t seen her since her last visit to the hospital. Jazmin was really sad that she lost her best friend.
When Jazmin went to see her in the hospital she saw that Destiney mouth was open like she was trying to say something. Jazmin said her last good-bye and then went back to orphanage trying not to cry. Jazmin sat in her bed. She took all her stuffed animals and decorated it in Destiney’s bed. She told Frances that she didn’t want anyone to sleep in Destiney’s bed. So Frances agreed.
Three days after Destiney’s death it was her funeral. A lot of kids and people came especially the kids form the orphanage. Jazmin was trying not to cry, but a tear came out anyways. After the funeral they got back to the orphanage and Jazmin just sat in her bed. Leila came and comforted her.
Later that night Jazmin tried to go to sleep and tried to not think about the death of Destiney. Jazmin knew that Destiney was in a better place so she smiled and fell asleep.
© Copyright 2007 WriterJay89 (jvgurl89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362759-Chapter-6--Friends-Forever