*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364155-Random-Babblings
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1364155
A slew of thoroughly random words tossed out at 3am.
So this thought came through my head just now. Well, by the time you finish this sentence, "just now" could easily mean five seconds, minutes, months, even years ago. So I won't bore you with the details. I won't rattle off word after word describing who I am or where I came from. The history of my life has no importance to someone browsing a writing site.

But then again...it might.

Regardless, I'm still not going to bore you. If you're disappointed, be sure to let me know so I can make a mock effort at pleasing the seemingly unpleasable.

No, I don't think that IS a word. Thanks for pointing that out, higher-self.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said, a thought came through my head. This thought was to start something exciting in my life. But I quickly abandoned that first thought, and succumbed to a second. I'll start rambling on and on about random things that pop into my head.

And so it came to pass. The Birth of Random Babblings.

Did you ever notice that, without holding the tips of your other fingers still, it's nearly impossible to move your middle finger in any way without altering the position of the others? Somehow this brings to mind a poem I once read about life being a pond, or something to that affect. But if you're like me, you'll realize that philosophical poetry has no place in a static item called 'Random Babblings'. And you may also be like me in another way, good Sir Similar or Lady Likewise. You may have realized that we're still trekking down a path of random words flying off of hopefully riveting keystrokes that echo through my house, this early morning of December the 20th.

These miscellaneous thoughts of mine have kept you interested thus far, so I think I'll continue.

Have you ever seen the movie Chicago? If not, I highly recommend it. It's the kind of movie with catchy music and stunning dialog that sticks in your head morning and night, making you want to bash your head against a brick wall in an effort to unstuck them from your suffering mind. Those of you who have seen it...you know what I mean, don't you? I mean, right at this moment, I'm humming that stupid song in my head by Renée Zellweger, the one where she's trying to be sexy and seductive, but only succeeds in making herself look like a total moron. Oh, wait. I should be more specific, shouldn't I? The one where, in a completely anticlimactic and yawn-inducing way, she is lifted into the air by a glowing platform in the shape of her own character's name. That one. First of all, I completely despise her. I think she looks like an overly caricatured blonde gopher. Poor gopher. And I don't like that song, not one bit. But for some reason, it always seems to rear its ugly head, setting me off in a blaze of humming and toe tapping. I could be walking down the street. Sitting in a car. Half asleep in my kitchen. Anywhere, at any time, it strikes. I hate it.

Hmm. Well now that the wave of anger has passed, I suppose I should take on a new emotional tone. But I really can't think of anything.

So, I'm going to bed, seeing as its 3:26 AM. At least, it is now. But we've already had that discussion. So be a good little human and go play with your television or something.

Hmph.
© Copyright 2007 Dismal Dimetrius (dimetrius at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364155-Random-Babblings