*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364451-A-better-tommorow
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1364451
a very short story about a soldier
Better Tomorrow

We stood side by side, always ready. The rain soaked through our heavy jackets. We were cold, chilled to the bone but not from the rain. The chill was the chill of fear. No one dared to speak for fear of breaking the silence around us.

We stared into the darkness before us. there was a sudden 'crack' of a gunshot. At that moment our bodies became stiff and the sharp pain of cold dread sliced through our spines like frozen lightning.

My heart fealt as if it had stopped. out of the corner of my eye I saw the bullet, as black as death in the darkness. I looked to my left as if it were instinct, I had to make shure he wasn't hit.

I looked into my brothers eyes and saw no fear as he whispered something under his breath..."We do not fight for our country or our flag, We fight for what they represent.......A better tommorow."
© Copyright 2007 Ink Knight (arcaneknight22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364451-A-better-tommorow