*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364632-Suspense-Through-A-Kid
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Children's · #1364632
Remember the imagination of a kid, vivid nightmares that would practically kill us...
"I'm just looking at the dark canvas that is undoubtedly my room, but that is the problem it isn't my room anymore 'cause it belongs to the demons and creatures that hide under my bed during the day when the sun is out. My room is now crawling with shadows that are just waiting for me to make the first move. Just waiting to jump me and suck me into there universe forever. Mum always says it is my imagination, but she never came in my room once all the lights are out. No way would she ever want to see the creatures that now inhabit my room. The grim reaper is just sitting at my desk with hopes that I'll soon kick the bucket. Frankenstein is playing with the electrical plugs so he can get the energy he requires. Dracula and his wives are hunched over my bed waiting for me to close my eyes. The Joker and The Penguin share a cup of tea as they wait for Batman to save my life. The ghosts pass through the walls and laugh and moan while playing hide and seek with the sprites and hobgoblins alike. A black cat or two wait at the end of my bed as they hiss and screech. I pull the covers over my head and pray for this to be over. Nevertheless, I know it won't be finished just till the first ray of sunlights pokes in my room and than like usual my mum says it is only my imagination. Like usual I will insist that it isn't and that they really do exist and really are in my room just to hear the same old words 'If you say so, honey'. I peak just to see a band of mariachi skeleton's playing loudly for all to hear their lively songs of death."
"I open my eyes to see the sunlight and I soon know that tonight will be no different and won't change till I'm like my mum. I guess I better learn to sleep with my eyes open or never sleep anymore."
© Copyright 2007 Crimson Ghost (jellybell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364632-Suspense-Through-A-Kid