*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364690-Ya-Think
by Dragyn
Rated: 13+ · Editorial · Experience · #1364690
Just a journal of random thoughts on the general stupidity ever present in our society...
This actually began about twenty years ago with a gas can...

-Have you ever noticed the warning label on a gas can? It says something to the effect of: "Danger- Extremely Flammable!" Gee, ya think...? This tells me that somewhere, sometime, somebody did something really stupid with a can of gas and said "Gee, I didn't know this stuff was flammable!" Which leads me to wonder why somebody would think that that particular moron might have benefited from a warning label on a gas can. I mean oh sure there might have been someone around with enough brain cells to read the warning to the moron, but then why would someone possessed of the intellect to comprehend this warning give a moron a can of gas? Frankly if someone is so stupid as to need this type of warning they should come with a warning label of their own.

-And that was the beginning of my "Ya think...?" More to come at a later date...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is an actual warning label attached to a childs sleeping garment:

"For child's safety, garment should fit snugly. This garment is not flame resistant. Loose fiiting garment is more likely to catch fire."

Now first- anyone who has ever changed a diaper knows that small children are down right explosive, not just flammable. They should come with their own warning label: "Danger- Toxic Gas!". An instruction manual would be nice too. I've actually seen several of those. In my opinion the author's don't have children or mine is defective. Good thing she's still under warranty. When I became a parent I expected the usual acting out and general mischief that comes with children. So far I've been really disappointed. The worst I've had to deal with is the PB&J sandwich in the VCR
and a dog with a bald tail. And that was 12 years ago. I feel gipped. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to talk with other parents about unruly children and all I can contribute is: "Gee my kid is pretty good."

Second- Only a complete moron would let a child around an open flame regardless of their flammability and loose fitting clothing.

Third- Why do you think loose fitting clothes are more flammable. Friction....?

So there you go- another installment of my random thoughts... Next time I'll probably blather on about randomness or some other equally obscure topic but to a lesser degree. :)
© Copyright 2007 Dragyn (dragyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364690-Ya-Think