*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364877-My--Life--not-finished
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Draft · Other · #1364877
not finished yet
Poverty and sorrow struck my family with a vengance. Dad had a good paying job as a long shoreman in Seattle Washington and Mom was a homemaker. Dad and Mom tried to raise six children the best they could. There would have been seven children but my sister Leah died when she was a baby. She was born with to orange size tumors inside her head. One tumor was placed at the back of her head and the other was right over her eyes. She was blind but my parents didn't know it until the day of the optopsy. When she was in surgury she had a heart attac. Her little 9 month old body couldn't handle anymore stress, so she went home to be with the Lord. Leah was my parents fith child and I am the seventh and the last.


I was born in the mid to late 1970's and my Dad was making good money at that time. When I was a year old my Dad bought Us a brand new house that he bought from the builder. My family was back on the fast track. By today's standards, my family would have been in the upper class. I remember going to Canada on the weekends, spending the night in hotels and motels, getting in the car and just driving until we felt like stopping, the many beaches that we saw, car lot hopping, and My last family memory of Disney Land.

As I sit here and write this, I have began to cry, for it is hard to remember the good life.

© Copyright 2007 Sweet Sarah (sausy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364877-My--Life--not-finished