*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1365181-Memories-Vision-a-novel
by kcole
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #1365181
The story of Queenie Jones, the most famous African American entertainer of all time.
Publisher: Xlibris
Distributor: Ingram Distribution and Baker and Taylor 
Contact information: Toll Free 1-888-795-4274 and orders@xlibris.com
Section: General Fiction
ISBN #: 978-1-4257-9724-9
Trade Hardcover:  217 pages
Publication Date: Dec. 31, 2007
Retail: $34.99
Trim: 6” X 9”
Memories Vision a novel
by
Ken Coleman                                                                   

The story of Queenie Jones, the most famous, notorious, and controversial black female entertainer of all time encompasses a century of her life, troubles, and lessons learned. Yet it twists as the story is told to a young, Jewish writer and he becomes infatuated, fascinated, and envious of her life’s choices. It’s a love story of a very odd couple.

What begins as her retrospective becomes his inspiration to question his choices, passions, and happiness, yet he doesn’t understand why. What begins as her story becomes his lost soul crossing all his barriers of race, religion, culture, and economics as we all struggle with image, sex, religion, and family, and he wants more. What begins as a project for him to make money becomes her acceptance of his short comings and validation of his passions, what every man yearns for.


Memories Vision is not a story only for people of color. It’s the journey of a man who was presented an opportunity to learn from an unlikely source, became engulfed in the over powering words and wisdom of the teacher, that he grew well beyond his world of understanding. In the tradition of Driving Miss Daisy and Tuesdays with Morrie, there’s Memories Vision.

To request an interview or book signing, contact ken@memoriesvision.com
Please contact ken@memoriesvision.com once Memories Vision is ordered and the store name will featured in promotions to book clubs and reading groups.
© Copyright 2007 kcole (kencoleman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1365181-Memories-Vision-a-novel