*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1365289-A-Golden-Dream
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #1365289
It's a random story i made for one of my best friends
A Golden Dream
              'So this is love.' She thought as he held her close. He was gently resting his chin on her head and singing softly to her. It was clear starry night. With a new moon with the only light coming from the stars. Taylor and Heather were on the balcony outside her room. Below her was the most beautiful garden. There were golden flowers and fountains of silver. There were also red and white lilies and roses, with pearl trees and diamond strawberries.
              "You know what I just realized." Taylor said pulling away.
              "What did you just realize?” Heather asked looking up at his sparkling green eyes.
              "Your father gets back from his business trip tomorrow."
              "Thanks for reminding me." She said pulling away.
              "What's the matter?" he asked as he tried pulling her close again.
              "I only have one more night before my father sends me to my aunts for schooling."
              "But you see that won't happen." He said with a mischievous grin.
              "And why won't that happen?" She asked wiping a tear that had fallen down her cheek.
              "You'll find out tomorrow."
              "Why won't you tell me?" She asked forcing herself away so that she could look at him.
              "Because I made a promise." He said gently. "You know I would tell you right away if I could. I don't ever hurt you on purpose."
              "I believe you." Instead of going into Taylor's out stretched arms, she walked over to the railing and sat on it.
              Not saying anything, Taylor walked over and forced Heather to look him in the eyes very gently.
              "I need to know you love me."
              There was a moment as they sat there staring at each other. The only sound was from Heathers’ wind chimes and the gentle splash of the fountains.
              "Yes, I love you. You're my one and only" Heather told him as she closed her eyes. The wind was blowing gently through her hair.
              As she sat listening to the wind and Taylor’s’ steady breathing, she thought of how long they had known each other. There was a slight pressure on her lips, that filled her with sweet warmth, and as she opened her eyes in shock, she saw Taylor pulling away.
              "I love you." He said as he tipped her chin up.
This time Heather did not pull away, she leaned in and pressed her lips gently against his. It was sweet and warm at the same time. As they pulled away to breath, Heather was the one that said. "I love you." Pulling Heather close Taylor pressed her head gently against his chest.
              "I won't ever leave you. I could never leave you, your to important to me." He said gently. Glancing up he saw the sun starting to rise. "I'm sorry, I have to leave. Your father wouldn't like it if he found me on you balcony." Looking into her eyes, "Don't ever forget that I love you."
              She stayed one the railing as Taylor climbed down the vines on the side of the house. She followed him with her eyes as he scooped down a picked a gold rose. Looking up, he tossed the rose to Heather and continued on his way. She caught it and held it close.

              Later that morning, her father called her down to his study.
              "Yes father?" She asked coming around the door.
              "Taylor just called. He asked me for your hand."
              "He did?" she stuttered looking confused as she fell into a chair. "What did you tell him?"
              A sad expression crossed his face. "I couldn't let you go. Your only 16, I didn't feel that you are old enough."
              "Father, I've finished my schooling, there's nothing more I can learn. You know this. The only reason why you send me is so that I cannot be with Taylor! Please father let me go. There's nothing more I can do here."
              “Yes there is, you can stay and be my daughter until the end of the Summer Ball. After the ball I will give you to the man of your choice.”
              “You will. Oh thank you father.” Heather said excitedly as she rose and hugged her father at his desk.
              “Thank, so much.” She exclaimed as she danced out of the room.
She danced down the hall and into kitchen where she bumped into the cook, Ms. Lynn.
              “Sorry Lynn, I’m off in my little world today.”
              “I expected that much when I saw Taylor toss you that flower. You better be careful, or you’re gonna get hurt.” She said curtly as she walked to the pantry.
              “What do you mean by that?” She asked standing in Ms. Lynn’s way.
              “Child, Let me finish getting Lunch ready and I’ll tell you.” She told her while pushing Heather to the side.
              “Fine.”
              Turning she sat on a stool next to the island in the middle of the kitchen. Heather sat there tapping her fingers on the island while Lynn stirred a pot of soup.
              “Stop that now, or you’re not going to get any lunch.” Lynn threatened Heather while shaking the spoon at her.
              “Sorry.” She mumbled turning towards the window.
After about 5 minutes, Lynn put down her spoon and turned towards Heather.
              “Alrighty child, I’ll tell you what I meant earlier. You father told that you’d get to chose the man that you’re going to marry after the summer ball right?”
              Heather nodded her head.
              “Well, that’s not gonna happen is it?” She informed Heather as she sat down next to her.
              “What do you mean it’s not going to happen?” Heather asked looking shocked.”
              “It’s not gonna happen because your father has promised you to another man already.”
              “What?! Who?!” She nearly shouted.
              “Stop shoutin’ or your fathers gonna come in here.”
              “Sorry”
              “It’s alright child. You see, while you were with that Taylor boy on the balcony your father came home early with Mr. Chad. You know, the father of Jared. Well, they went into your fathers study and while I was serving drinks Mr. Chad purposed the marriage of you and Jared.”
              At this news, Heather nearly fell out of her chair. Catching herself, she turned again towards Lynn.
              “Tell me exactly what they said.”
              “Well, your father said somethin’ like ‘I don’t know what I’m going to do with her. She just turned sixteen, and it appears that she’s madly in love with Taylor.’
              ‘Which Taylor?’ Mr. Chad asked.
              ‘Your nephew. Taylor Heights.’
              ‘What’s so bad about that? He’s a great young man.’ Mr. Chad defended.
              ‘I know that, it’s just that her heads all cloudy and I don’t think she’s thinking very clearly.’
              ‘You may be right, but Taylor wouldn’t do anything to hurt her, you of all people should know that. I also know that he wouldn’t care if Heather was ‘Damaged’’
              ‘You don’t need to remind me of what happened last fall.’ You father said gettin’ dark and angry.
              ‘I know that. How about this. You give your daughter to my son Jared, if Taylor does anything you find harmful, or, if something happens to Taylor himself.’ Mr. Chad purposed.
              ‘What would happen to Taylor?’
              ‘Most people don’t know but, his mother is dying and if she dies it may damage his mentality.’
              ‘Well then, it’s an agreement then.’ And they shook on it then and there; I saw it with my own eyes.” Lynn finished with a nod.
              “I didn’t know that Mr. Chad knows what happened last fall.” Heather said staring off into space.
              “I didn’t either child, till I heard them talkin’ about it.”
              “Thanks Lynn, I’m going back to my room.”
              As Heather stood up she did it slowly as if she was in pain.When she got to her room, she closed the door quietly and lay on her bed. She lay their staring at the ceiling until she felt asleep. Her dream was the same as it had been for several months now. She was walking down a dark forest road in her gold evening gown. The moon was shining and there was an owl hooting off to her left. Not knowing why she continued walking down the road until she came to a fork in the road. The road to her left was dark and the trees were bare with few plants. The road to her right was full of life with the moon lighting everything. She chose the left road and walked until she came to a cliff. Walking to the edged she looked down, then looking back, she saw a man standing there. He was wearing a dark black robe that hid his face. Smiling she turned back towards the cliff and jumped spreading her arms and legs. She never hit the bottom of the cliff she simply woke up.
              While sitting up Heather heard a light tapping on her door.
              “Child are you awake?” Lynn asked from the other side.
              “Yes Lynn, I’m awake.”
              “Good, your lunch is ready.” Lynn stated as she opened the door. She was carrying a tray of food with a bowl of soup, two slices of bread and some cheese.
              “Thanks Lynn.”
              “No problem. I just want you to eat everything.” Lynn said as she laid the tray on Heathers lap and left.
              Sighing, Heather picked up the spoon and started eating. She did not taste her food she simply ate. Finishing, she set the tray aside and climbed out of her bed. Not sure what to do she walked out onto her balcony. Sitting on the banister, she looked across the gardens. The sun was shining high in the sky, causing the fountains to look gold. Turning towards the pearl trees, she spotted someone leaning against the tree furthest from her. Leaning further out she tried to figure out who was under the tree. The only problem was that they were to far out for her to identify them.
              Letting her curiosity get the better of her Heather went out into the gardens in search of the person she had seen from her balcony. Coming to the first of the pearl trees, she peeked around the trunk to see if she could see their face.
              She was not able to see their face but she did find out that this mysterious stranger was a man. He seemed to be as old as she was herself. He was muscular but not like the men that tended the gardens. He was leaning against the tree with his legs stretched out in front of him and his shoes off. His sleeves were rolled up and he had his arms behind his head. As she sat there watching him, she saw her father coming from the white lilies.
              “Caden, what are you doing?” Her father asked as he walked over to the tree.
              “Why, I’m taking a break.” Caden said keeping his eyes closed.

i will have more up this up within the week


© Copyright 2007 Faerie_Wings (french_faerie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1365289-A-Golden-Dream