*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1365715-What-did-it-feel-like-Ill-tell-you
by Dess
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1365715
tell me what you think
I can't exactly tell you how it felt. But I can tell you the exact story. Hopefully, you find out how it felt.


Right when the bell rang, we ran to our lockers. Alice said she'd wait for me beside the school building so that my brothers and sister wouldn't see her. My sister was mad at me for a reason I don't remember, so I told my brothers to tell my mom that I was going to work. They said they would and off they went. I walked the opposite direction and Tia came down the school stairs. We started walking and staying out of peoples sight. We turned off of Old Dubuque road and on to the highway. We were walking and then I ended up having to go to the bathroom. So Alice and I went to the J&P Cycles shop thing. We used the restroom, got some bottles of water, and we were on our way. We took the back way. And Alice found out that her mother had called. She wouldn't stop calling, so we had to turn the phone off. We didn't dare turn it back on. Alice was shaking and we were both frightened. But we kept walking. A dog started following us. It was a stray. So we let it follow us and didn't do anything about it. We finally found the highway again and and we crossed it. Alice was getting tired. We were standing in front of a farm house and she wanted to ask if the person that lived there would give us a ride to our destination. I kept telling her no. But, the man that lived there pulled into his driveway and asked us if he could help us. So Alice asked him if he would take us to where we wanted to go. He asked us questions about where we were going and how old we were. We lied about everything. He asked us if we wanted him to take us straight to our dad's house. I said no and said that he could take us to Casey's. He said that he would wait until after our dad got there first. We said we had to call him at the pay phone first and he said that he had to go to the bathroom anyway. So, Alice asked me to tell her when he got into the bathroom. When I told her, she grabbed her bookbag and ran. I didn't know she was going to do that, so I ran a couple seconds after she did. She kept on telling me to hurry. Finally, we made if to some bushes and hid in them. I told her that we should wait for about and hour because I knew that the old man would try to look for us. After about and hour, we went to Hardee's and stayed there for a while. The workers didn't suspect anything because we just kept buying food so that we could stay. Then after a while, Alice looked behind me and her eyes widened. I said, "Alice, what's wrong?" She didn't listen. She just stared. I turned around to see what she was looking at and I saw him. It was a policeman. My heart stopped. He walked towards us and said, "You two come outside with me please." We listened. He asked us who we were and we told him the truth. Finally he put us in the back of his police car and he asked the police station thing if our parents were coming to get us. A woman said they were on their way.

My dad came first. I burst into tears right when I saw him. He was crying too. He said we could wait until Alice's parents got there. So we waited. My dad was waiting in our car and I was waiting with Alice in the policeman's car. We had to whisper because there was a video camera in the car. I told Alice that I loved her and that I would miss her. Her parents got there and my dad Alice's parents and the policeman talked to us and asked us a million more questions.

I'M TOO SHAKY TO WRITE MORE ABOUT IT. BUT TO ALL OF YOU KIDS OUT THERE, NEVER EVER RUN AWAY FROM HOME! THAT'S MY WARNING TO ALL OF YOU! I REGRET IT. MY STOMACH CHURNS WHENEVER WE GO TO MONTICELLO. I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO GET INTO THE TROUBLE I DID.
© Copyright 2007 Dess (sweetsocks13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1365715-What-did-it-feel-like-Ill-tell-you