*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1365753-the-music-box
by rory
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #1365753
I want to help her, would give anything to help her, but I can't...
I was in the room, in the dream, or was i? It was hard to tell. She was so beautiful and young, standing by the hospital bed. I was attached to an i v line. I started to feel sleepy. She caressed my face. She was so fucking beautiful. "I'm here," she whispered, kissing my forehead, placing a single rose petal on the pillow next to my head. "don't leave," I pleaded. "I'll always be here. I will never disappear," she said softly.

Her brown eyes bore into mine as she leaned over me, bringing her lips to mine. I melted, kissing her back. An electrical current was going slowly through me. I reached up with my free hand and stroked her soft, wavy, black hair. She pulled away, still looking at me very intensely. "I love you," I said softly. She laughed seductively, stroking my cheek.

I drifted off to sleep. When I awoke, she was inside a dart board, and darts were being thrown at it, by an unknown presence. I wanted to get up and help her, but the medicine coming through the i v was making me so sleepy. A music box played softly in the background. I tried to get off the bed, but couldn't. The medicine was making me too sleepy. I had to get to her. I just had to! Where was the unseen presence taking her? To another love, one more worthy than me?


Someone spoke through the dart board. "She's mine, now. You can never have her." The medicine was very strong. I felt high, like I was floating, the same effect she had on me. Would the medicine and dreams of her be enough? It would have to be. As the last dart went through the board, making her vanish forever, I laid there, letting the medicine take me over. I couldn't save her. She was gone, forever. forever... And the music box played on, filling my head with it's tune, our song. "Where ever you go, what ever you do, I will be right here waiting for you." I fell into a drugged sleep then, hopefully to never wake up, hopefully to dream of her with me, not with the unseen presence that took her from me.
© Copyright 2007 rory (rory060884 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1365753-the-music-box