*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1366636-A--Divers-Paradise-part-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #1366636
One day a girl was diving she discovers something mysterious in the water.
Misty started her usual routine of checking all of her dive gear getting ready to do some underwater exploring in the warm costal ocean of Flordia. The day was rich and the sun was as high as it could be in the day. Misty was a spunky young woman, who just finished college and earned her degree in marine biology. Her eyes were a light aqua that could match the ocean in every way possilbe. Misty's heritage allows her to have access to the whole ocean in her home town of Destin because her father, Craig, works as an underwater researcher. She turned the nozzle on the air tank and air fizzed out of it like a soda can. Misty looked up at the sky and wonder what life would be like if she was alone; however, Misty is too high spirted to think that way.

As the clouds cleared away, she put on her suit and fins. Their colors corresponding with one another. The red and black outfit brought Misty's brunette hair to life.  She put it in a ponytail and pulled her mask over her eyes.  She set the timer on to her watch to five minutes before she would run out of oxygen in her tank. She dove into the water like she was swimming for the gold at the Olympics. 

She swam in the clear abyss where she saw a school of clownfish swimming at. When she got there they just scattered as if she was their natural preadator. She wave as she saw some of her father's crewmen swimming back to the underwater base carrying some fragments what Misty believed to be from an on wreck of some sort. They waved back at her. She swam further until she came up to the S. S. Premier.  It was a massive vessel which resembled the Titanic.  " Wow!" Misty thought enthusiastically. " It's huge and roomy!" She checked her wrist watch and saw that she had only twenty minutes before her alarm would go off for her to go back to the surface, but she thought, "I have penlty of time to check this out."

She slowly dog-paddled her way into the ship. It was very empty due to the fact that her father and his crew was cleaning it out for all of its vaulable items. There was barely enough for her to salvage for her own. She came across the ship's dining room, and it was so big that you could fit a two-story house in it. All of the tables and Greek candle holders were gone due to her father. She came across an old picture that the crew must have missed. She turned her mask light on to reveal a man with his family and their little girl. He had a girmish smile on his face while his wife looked happy with her child. Misty placed the picture into her salvage bag.

As she swam further on towards the stock room, Misty thought have these people must have felt about being shipwrecked on a invincible-looking cruise ship. She found the stock room. It was spacish enough to fit about ten people in it. Misty saw something sparkle in the dark room. She swam untill she saw the Captian's hat symbol reflecting the sunlight peeping in a hole in the S. S. Premier. She noticed that he was holding something in his hand and it looked like a small box. Misty careful picked up the box and opened it. It had a jade stone in it with the engraving: "Seek knowlegde over greed, thus become a powerful person." She have read that somewhere before but she couldn't remember where. BEEP, BEEP!! Her wristwatch screamed. She stuffed the box into her bag and swiftly swam for the enterance of the ship.
© Copyright 2007 ninjaSpence (ninjaspence at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1366636-A--Divers-Paradise-part-1